1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spotted this octavia 1.8T 4x4 on pistonheads. To be honest, I had
no idea this car existed. Does anyone know any more about it? I.e. what
turbo, what gearbox etc as this strikes me as an original alternative
to golf GTi's or audi A3's. Also, does it come in saloon form?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/54592.htm

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It is a 150 BHP 1.8T with a 5 speed box.  It was available in hatchback, but estate was more common.  Sits slightly higher than normal 'tavia tho.  My dad was very interested in getting one of these, but unfortunately it only came in a petrol, so he got the same model only in diesel and without 4 wheel drive.  Very nice car, although I would choose the L&K model with full leather and xenons, with a choice of 1.8T or 1.9 TDi (110 & 130) engines.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response. So its nothing special to start with,
but with a but of loving care (new suspension,vRS kit, 6speed box, and
a IHI to start with) it has reasonable potential, especially for that
kind of money!

Think I'll stick with a golf/A3 though!

Peter

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a well spec'd hatchback on autotrader with 35000miles on a 51 plate for 6 grand! Thats a lot of car for the money [:O]

Peter

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yeah its special enough, don't see that many of them about, but it your wanting one then adding new suspension, vRS kit and a 6 speed box, you'd be better getting a vRS and gaining 30BHP[:D]. You can easily get a vRS for the same money[H]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
seen a couple of VRs' at Power Engineering this morning. One hadn't been on the rollers when I left...the other made ( IIRC ) 228 bhp. And looked standard - bet they both suprise a few people on the roads[:D]

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very true! But, what Im really after is the 4motion. The standard spec
of the vRS is much more to too my liking, but at the end of the day,
even thats suspension and turbo would just get uprated![:D]

The 4motion, when combined with a haldex controller and a IHI is really
what im after in the long run, hence me on the look out for a A3
quattro [6]

Peter

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
There's a well spec'd hatchback on autotrader with 35000miles on a 51 plate for 6 grand! Thats a lot of car for the money [:O]

Peter
Is that the silver one mate? All that kit was standard - amazing value for money. My dad has all that in his plus cruise and PDC.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's a well spec'd
hatchback on autotrader with 35000miles on a 51 plate for 6 grand!
Thats a lot of car for the money [:O]

Peter
Is that the silver one mate? All that kit was standard -
amazing value for money. My dad has all that in his plus cruise
and PDC.
All that lot is standard [:O] Thats a lot of kit.

As for the colour, I don't know, because for quite some time now
autotrader hasn't worked with my mozilla when it comes to most
pictures, which is nice!

Peter

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
The 4X4 and the vRS have different suspension set ups.

So they would not swap.

But I do believe that they are the same as the Golf 4 motion.

Fantastic car.

Eddy has got a lovely example.

He has Custom-Code on his and makes some great figures.

It would defiately be the one I would go for if I was looking for 4 wheel drive.

The boot is huge!!!!!!

Estates are more common than hatches.

But if you can get a hatch the chances are it will retain its value better.

Sarah

·
Registered
737 Posts
A mate at work runs a silver 51 plate hatchback; he bought it a year ago with 30K for ?7500 from a car supermarket; a bargain compared to Golfs. The spec was very good on these; better than any standard MkIV at the time. It's got items like climate and a sunroof as standard. He's had it remapped at Jabbasport and is very pleased with it. They are very rare; when I checked on Autotrader @3 weeks ago I found..one. He mentioned that the VRS was slightly cheaper when new hence most people bought those instead.

·
Banned
774 Posts
4x4 has independent rear suspension v the VRS beam. They are DBW and will remap to the same level as the VRS. As the VRS suspension/brakes need changing anyway I don't see much difference between the 2 other than the interior. VRS has the awful seats which stain and a bodykit if you like that sort of thing. 4x4 also has shorter gearing so isn't as good for long runs as it's revving it's nads off, also worse fuel consumption.

I think the 4x4 is by far the better car just because of the stealth factor and of course the traction.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
seen a couple of VRs' at Power Engineering this morning. One hadn't been on the rollers when I left...the other made ( IIRC ) 228 bhp. And looked standard - bet they both suprise a few people on the roads[:D]
I think james @ JBS has the uber VRS, knocking on near 500bhp I think [:O]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, here's mine, recently lifted to the heavens by a set of 18s! As if it wasn't high enough to start with! Other mods are Revo 4bar, K&N, 007P (rolling roaded at JBS at 216hp and 240lbft on LB9 T5) and Golf mkiv Gti seats.

Posted Image

Here's one I found earlier riding at a nice height.

Posted Image

1 - 18 of 18 Posts