Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the first?

Quite a disappointing show as there were a lot of gaps inside where people weren't allowed in because their fuel gauge wasn't in the red!

Anyone notice the generation gti display and the lack of MK3? Well here it is just for you, fill in the gap!:

Posted Image

Thats what was meant to be in the gap (my mates car) but he had a 1/4 tank of fuel so they wouldn't let him in.

Anyway for the rest of the pics click here:

Ultimate Dubs 2006

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Some good pics, I see RS Golf's and Whiteboy's Gora - whos was the other MK4? Gutted I didn't make it! Whats all that about the fuel limits - Cars are parked inside, not like they're going to be ciphened off or owt?! Or was it the health and safety birgade in full effect?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It was all to do with Health & Saftey/ Fire regulations/ Insurance of holding the show on the premises. If you had a petrol the tank had to be in the red, diesel's were ok though.........thankfully. I had just under a full tank in mine, I'd have had to drive to Scotland and back to burn it off!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
That was Bad VW Boy's Gora Tabs,

Mine was in the car park as it's not quite finished yet.

Do have some rear end touches done though, like R/C/R/C tail lights, Black VW badge and now my new 'Pressed' No. Plate. Hopefully will be all done for Inters!!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
What did everyone think of the show? I only stayed for two and a bit hours, by then I felt I had seen everything, there wern't many trade stands either. It was ok but it just seemed to lack the atmosphere and same feeling the outside summer shows have and I felt it was a bit of a rip off to have to pay ?3.50 to park and then ?10 to get in. There were some very smart cars on show though.

Roll on the summer shows. Well, GTI spring festival, that will be my next one lol.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had a great weekend [:D][Y] I really hope this event happens again next year, I'll definitely go again!

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Really well organised show, good turnout, excellent s election of show cars, great venue with onsite hotels etc etc.

Next year, I hope there'll be more trade stands, but the lack of them this year is to be expected for a new show.

My batteries weren't charged in my camera, so I only got a couple of photos.

Did anyone get any of mine?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Just one Mr J, sorry I didn't get a better one as your motor looked stunning mate hopefully someone else may have a closer one!
Posted Image

·
Registered
540 Posts
Agree with everybody else that there were some really good cars on show, shame about the trade stands though.

Just a few shots of forum members cars,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
301 Posts
No pics..but went along today.......first major show I have visited and although there was some really nice cars there....I must admit, I was slightly dissapointed [:S] Can't quite come to a conclusion on what I thought of the day tbh. There were some really excellent cars, but some that I thought some were poor and allot of empty spaces.

Saying that...uk-mk4 guys put on a good show...RS GOLF your car was looking as perfect as ever [:D]. Didn't see anybody I have met before, which was a shame...but, maybe next time.

Tom

·
Registered
94 Posts
dropped the car of saturday and thought there was alot of empty spaces, spent most of the time at the shoping centre sunday :S

Some nice cars though,

My Golfs has been sold and goes tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I thought this was a very good show, but I think the weather caused a lot of problems for the display cars.

I thought it was a good idea to get the indoor show cars there the day before the main show as this gives time to clean the cars and get them prepped and ready for Sunday morning.

The fuel amounts in the petrol tank was a nightmare, as on the way "Adi Nuff Values" called to advise that the indoor cars would only be allowed into the venue, as long as they were on the red [:'(][:'(][:'(], and this was a problem due to driving the car carefully from London to try and keep the car clean and I still had over half a tank of fuel at the end of the M6 Toll road [:(]. To burn fuel I needed to start driving the car hard and this was a nightmare as when you don't want to use fuel you do and for once I wanted to use fuel the guage would not go down [:'(].

I manged to burn a fair bit of fuel, but now my car was covered in s**t ( sorry "road salt") and a full clean was required. I managed to clean the car in the hotel carpark, so I could get hot water from my room.... it was defo fun trying to smuggle the bucket past the reception desk [:D]

The car cleaning took about 4 hours, and I was really please with how it was looking, a big thank you to Dan "Tylerama" for all his help.

Me and Adi Nuff Valves drove into the venue around 18:30 - 19:00 and parked up next to RJH for the final waxing session. We left about 20:00 form the show on Saturday night, but just before, it was a great chance to have a good look around all the cars as everyone had left and it was a great opportunity to take photos with out anyone being in the way.

After a late night down the pub with the guys to get food and drinks, I woke up early on Sunday morning to sort out the outside stand. I found out that a fair few people had pulled out of the stand and it was time to try and get some cars / forum members on the stand to fill it up, as I had managed to reserve nine spaces. A great big thank you to forum members "N15CKO", "Gold 28611", "MissT16" and her friend in a Mk2 Golf for helping to fill the stand, along with "Nosaj" and "DJ_MOD", as I defo think it would have looked bare with just the two cars.

I have taken lots of photos so I'll have to check them out and hopefully post them up tonight.

It was also great to meet so many forum members I had never meet before (i.e. Curley, Cat1.4 etc) and also to catch up with people I have meet and have a great laugh.

hopefully I'll post some great photos later.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I manged to burn a fair bit of fuel, but now my car was covered in s**t ( sorry "road salt") and a full clean was required.
Did nobody try my idea of carefully covering the body panels in cling film for the journey (to any show) then? [:S]

Just peel it all off when you arrive and give it a shot of quick detailer [Y]

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think the show was brilliant, and for its first one ever i couldnt believe how busy it was [:D]

We got down there sat night to drop my friends mk3 off, the fuel things is for health and safety, you wouldnt believe how many times ive had to suck petrol lol

Thanks to you boys for letting me and Daniel wack our cars on the end...

it was fantastic [:D]

The show was so good, and the day shot by suprisingly lol

We went to the pub for lunch which was handy and lovely!!!

Some top motors in there, im glad there werent loads of trade stands i would have spent a fortune lol

Got loads of ideas for my car and now cant wait to work overtime to fund it lol

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
What a nightmare the weekend was for me!! After getting a phone call at 2pm on friday from the bodyshop saying they had sorted my cars door lock handle mechs i thought there is some hope for me to show my car at Ultimate dubs. So i gets my ass to the bodyshop to help them build my car back up and wax it. 5:30pm we finished We opens the shutter doors only to be greeted by a blizzard and deep deep snow. Great i thought - how the heck am i gonna swap my wheels and bumper over in this weather, AND its getting dark. So off i head home. I gets home and theres no chance of me swapping my bits over and giving her a clean in that weather, simply impossible with deep snow. Anyway, me and bex had planned a night out planned up where she lives so i make the journey to hers with a plan of coming back home the next morning to swap my bits over (weather permitting). Woke up very early sat morning and the weather was sweet, it handt snowed (much) and it was bright blue skys with sunshiiiiine. So i thought sod it, im gonna nip home, change all my bits and come back for bex and off we can go to the show!! I gets home in manchester and the weather is a completly different story. Dark cloud, thick thick snow!!! GRRRR. I was not letting that put me off tho! So i braved it and started to get all my bits ready. Cleared the snow from all around the golf on the ground, loosened the bolts on the wheels, jacked the car up, went round the back to get my wheels, comes to the car....the jack has slipped off the car!!!!! Thankfully for me i had NOT removed my old wheels. I looked at the car, looked at the weather and thought what the heck am i doing? I admitted defeat to the weather and jacked it in. Packed all my stuff away, drove back to bex house feeling rather de-flated at the fact id just travelled 2 hours for nowt, and that i wont be able to show my car on sunday.

Anyway it doesnt end there. We makes our way to telford in my car. We stop off 30 mins into our journey to grab a maccys. We had lunch in the car and i need to get out of the car to chuck the rubbish in the bin.....my door wont open. I couldnt beleave it. By this time im thinking sombody doesnt want me to get to telford in my golf this weekend. Anyway bex could get out of her side fine. She couldnt even open my door from the outside. So i think never mind lets just get to telford. Then on the way im thinking, hang on....what if the other door packs in?!! How will we get out of the car, and how can we get back in IF we got out?!! After much thinking and worrying on the way the safest thing to do was to turn around and drive my car back to bex's house, park it in her garage, and come to the show in her car. So we turn around and eventaully get back at bexs......i park up, goto open my door....and guess what....IT OPENS. GRRRRRRRRRRR! Ever since its been FINE!!!! In a state of diss-belief we unload the stuff from my car and transfer it to bex golf, and we go in hers to telford!!

Thankfully things have been calm and peacefull since then! We had a nice weekend, enjoyed our stay at the hotel, had a nice meal in Shifnal saturday night, few drinks in the bar saturday night and enjoyed the show on the sunday.

·
Registered
316 Posts
mike i feel for you dude.. sorry to hear about all the troubl you had...

well i really enjoyed the show but i too had a major hassle on the friday/saturday..

friday i was expecting to pick the car up from the interiors but didn't get a phone call to say it was ready..

anyways on saturday at 8am i rang him and he said it wasn't finished but i needed the car to be at the show to picked it up with half a dash. and nothing else apart from the stearing wheels and std recaro seats.. it was that stripped i had a small metal pole as a gear stick.. :(

anyways i picked the car up and drove it home to change the front bumper over and also the wheels.. when trying to put the smooth bumper on it wouldn't fit :( i thought it might have changed shape at the bodyshop :( humm.. anyways i decided to leave it on as close to nearly fitting as i could and screwed it in.. and then put my wheels on and gave it a clean and left for the show.. from arranging to meet the convoy at 12:30 at knutsford we didnt set off till about 5/5.30 and arrived at the show about 6:30 and cleaned the car..

the hotels been so close was cool and really happy with the planning etc of the show..

unsure what the deal was with the fuel etc. as i had over half a tank left in mine.. :)

great cars, great location, and await a better bigger show next year.. :)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
richie your car was looking sweet. loved the gear stick. lol. at least we all have some time now to get things sorted. i think this show was a rush for everyone with serious show cars as a lot were un-finished or didnt even make it at all. i know loads whos cars were simply not even close to being ready yet.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts