Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start thinking about Ultimate Dubs show again... it was a good show last year which everybody enjoyed, hopefully it will be even bigger and better in its second year!

I will be organising a club stand for inside, but as space is obviously limited we need to sort it out ASAP! So who fancies coming along to the first big dub event of the year? (and who wants to be on the stand?) The show is in Telford, and all the info you should need is here: http://www.ultimate-dubs.co.uk/

Posted Image

Stand list now full!

Confirmed on outside stand:

bad-vw-boy
GTI GADGE
J4MES
mkdave
nosaj
Tabs

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
If my exterior of my car is done and is ready by then count me in.. ive got some big plans just waiting to happen when i free up some cash...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
was a good one this year, tho a little small, but ive heard its going to be larger next year. I should be there with the new un maybe on PSI tuning stand (if KT will let me eh eh??). Well worth going to this one guys.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Wouldn't mind trying to get the Gora on the UK-MKIVS stand[:D]. Would be good to get my Gora and your Bolf together Cat[H]. Only thing is my wheels wont be refurb'd or car lowered by then[:(].

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hopefully my car will be finished by then if it is deemed worthy enough? (just coilies and anni skirts to fit now [:D])

Interior n performance done, just body tweeks now....

Would love a spot on the stand but know there are some awesome cars on this forum.

·
Registered
857 Posts
if i can get my interior done id like to be on the stand, not sure if my car is up to scratch though...

for those of us who dont make it on to the stand is there any other way of getting into the show?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
just to warn ppl on show inside.....you have to have your car inside the arena on the saturday AND if your car is petrol then you must have very very little fuel in your tank because of fire regulations. The marshalls WILL check your fuel gauge on entry.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
just to warn ppl on show inside.....you have to have your car inside the arena on the saturday AND if your car is petrol then you must have very very little fuel in your tank because of fire regulations. The marshalls WILL check your fuel gauge on entry.
Lift up your back seats and disconnect your gauge sender that way your gauge will read empty[Y]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Lift up your back seats and disconnect your gauge sender that way your gauge will read empty[Y]
Yeah maybe, but how guilty would you feel if there was a serious fire? These rules are their for everyones protection.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hehe good tip - not that I would say to do that mind!! [:$]

last year me and Ryan were told to run the car down to the red before we could enter so we spent a good hour 'touring' Telford (at 4500rpm+ 2nd gear [:p]) until he got an oil pressure light so we chanced it and got in with just over 1/4 of a tank

I'd like to think I'll be there again in 2007 for the Saturday night and all day Sunday but not bothered for showing my car

Does anyone know if they'll have outside stands again, might ease things a bit if a lot of members want to show?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't worry, I will be posting all of the rules and regs nearer the time. They are there for everybody's safety and I would very much discourage talk of bypassing them - we do have to apply for a stand it is not an automatic process, and things like that could get us banned from the show.

There will be outside space for showing again but the website says it is for 'regional' clubs, with 'national' clubs getting inside allocation. I'll gauge interest and see what we can do about getting space outside too.

Also remember there is the show & shine inside and you can get application forms on the website

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'll definately be over to the show, and should have most plans finished on the golf by then so would like to go on the stand if their is space/ its good enough!!! [:)]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
YES!!! finely something very close to me :D i will deffo come but my car wont be able to bring a crowd i will will just be there to look around lol, i will hopfully have my r32 front by then (i hope) :D

·
Registered
716 Posts
Alright Guys,

Wouldn't mind putting the car out their to get savaged, 'cos it's green! Put me on standby and i'll step aside for the serious boys and their toys.

Cheers

Gadge

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would be up for bringing the car over for this, im sure some of the other lads from N.Ireland would too! How many spaces are there on the stand??

1 - 20 of 153 Posts