Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of the install I recently had from JBS. Don't know if the statement about it being the first nos tuned anni is true but I haven't heard of any others. Went for a 50 shot of nos initially with some work still to be done to get more power. At the moment I'm running with 220.5bhp and 342.9lb/ft of torque. No clutch slip as yet but you do have to learn how to drive it. Still learning how to launch it as with all that torque it's hard work.

The complete list of mods for my car now consists of REVO, NOS install, Milltek cat back (soon to be turbo back), Green air filter), H&R coilovers, rear neuspeed 28mm ARB,Powerflex dog bone mount, EBC 312mm cross drilled and grooved brakes. There's more to come but at the moment I'm broke [:D]

Posted Image

I've gone for the 5lb bottle with the new aluminium valve which looks pftm.

Posted Image

I love playing with this switch, should see the looks I get off the mrs.

Posted Image

This allows me to control the power delivery for the nos and actually prevents waste of nos too.

Posted Image

Can't see this very clearly but this is the solenoid that injects the nos and is located under the scuttle panel.

Posted Image

As you can see in typical JBS style there's nothing obvious in the engine bay, it's a professional stealthy install.

Posted Image

Dyno plot for my car with just the revo running.

Posted Image

Dyno plot for the nos - check that impressive torque curve and how the power is held to the red line. Also I'm pretty pleased with the drive train loss as thought there'd be a higher figure than this.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on how far I can push it, we'll probably not get much more without a change of clutch and a LSD but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Looks the biz mate! My mate has just become a dealer for NOS and bought a filling station... sooooo tempted on mine but worrid about pushing the car a bit now....

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote: posted by Caged on 15/09/2004 15:08:21

How long does the bottle last?

I can step in with the physics here!

A = (BxC) / D

Where

A = Length of time bottle lasts

B = Traffic conditions

C = Weight of right foot

D = Number of Numpties trying to race/Nick is trying to avoid!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it's about 5 minutes of continuous use. That doesn't sound a lot but even giving it some you only use it for a few seconds at a time. The pull in 2nd gear is fantastic, and 3rd & 4th are so much better than they were before. I've always been disappointed with 3rd gear but not anymore.

Mike you know you want it, sod saving up spend spend spend.

Geeba what engine is yours?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike love the equation!!

You can see the power gain Mike. To describe how it feels, it's something like the difference you feel when you get revo over a standard car. And we're still gonna get more!!!

Deadlock it costs ?1150 including the full install, 5lb bottle, SPS1, nitrous specific remap. You have to have revo to get the nitrous specific map as it's a revo code. The nos costs about ?4.50/lb

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
nice to read your report Nik.

I hope no animals that you may carry tamper with that Nos bottle [!], or is it pretty much tamper proof [?].

I hope your glad with the improvement, i'm sure its even more fun to drive now[!].

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can use nos with the revo code alone but the power gain isn't as great, on mine it goes up to about 206bhp. The install gives you an additional map to use to get full advantage of the nos. You wouldn't use this all the time but it's good fun for a blast!! Give James a call at JBS or better yet come to the RR day next Sunday.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The bottle is tamper proof really but I don't really carry any animals if I can avoid it. If I was concerned I'd just take the bottle out.

Andymac - I'm a vet so I can get a bottle of nos myself for cheap refills.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 15/09/2004 15:50:19

Andymac - I'm a vet so I can get a bottle of nos myself for cheap refills.

LOL!

I did wonder about that!

Scott

1 - 20 of 50 Posts