Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone [:D]

Well, here we go... The first ever UK-MKIVS Mega Meet!

This event will be held over the weekend of the 6th and 7th August 2005 at Billing Aquadrome, near Northampton.

We have booked the large field "Shell Duck II" which has a 250 car capacity, with room for camping.

Billing Aquadrome is fairly central, is very easy to find and has excellent facilities. Billing Aquadrome caters for many Auto Events throughout the year. Many clubs have been using this site for their annual shows and mega-meets for years.

Clean toilets and showers, along with flat (and stone-free) grass make camping pretty much stress-free, but there is a Permier Travel-Inn hotel at the entrance to the site and many other hotels within 15 minutes drive from the site.

We have yet to finalise the cost for the weekend, but I will update this page with details as and when we get them.

Activities over the weekend have also to be finalised, but we are planning a Show & Shine, Mega BBQ and Car of the Show to name a few!

We will also have a number of trade stands, and we are inviting the press along to do some show reports!

I plan on camping on Friday night and Saturday night to maximise the "holiday feel" of this show, so the more the merrier on Friday night too!

Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions for activities... But check back to the first page as I will add any new info to this first post instead of cluttering up the thread with a "Q and A".

Oh, and make sure you let us know you will be coming! THIS DATE IS CONFIRMED, so mark it in your diaries/80's filofaxes/pda's/outlook etc etc!!! [:D]

Links:

Billing Aquadrome

Premier Travel Inn - Billing

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 14/02/2005 22:45:58

I'm a definite if i'm not away on me hols.......

How can i NOT attend - it's 10 miles for me!!

Sweeeet.... so any latecomers can camp "Chez Foxy" right ? [;)][:p][:)]

These guys : http://www.mkvw.co.uk/ have summink goin' on there that same weekend too !

Aircooled 'n watercooled dubs together.. altogether now... "Aaaaaahhhh" [:p][:)]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
OMFG.. I am SO coming to this one ! Even if I have to walk there [!] [:D]

Will have to dust off the tent 'n stove for this I think [:)]

Pencil me in for a car and tent space (or however it's gonna work) ! [:D]

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote: posted by glen1.8t on 14/02/2005 21:50:29

Wicked time to go buy a tent, cant realy bring the camper to this[^]

I'll be down that area that weekend as I'm not heading home after Bug Jam, so I would be down in my van lol, might pop along if I'm not at Newquay.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.