Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what people recommend to use for Tyre shine, ive been using the turtle wax stuff which is good but takes ages to dry when you spray it on it goes everywere and if you drive anywere when you have put it on it sprays all over your car.[V]

What do you use?[:)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've been using Megs Endurance tyre gel, lasts for ages & looks very nice, not too shiney. & the big bonus is it doesnt spin off all up the side of the car like some lesser brands [^]

But, I've just got a can of the new Megs NXT tyres shine from the states, so Im gona give that a go at the weekend, tried it on an old bike tyre & it looks good stuff.[:D]

The worst I've used is the Autogrim stuff, doesnt last long & spins off up the car[V]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i find the turtle wax wet n shine stuff REALLY good personally. Spray on and leave. I do tend to clean the car on a saturday day then i 1st drive it saturday night, by that time its well dryed out and looks very very black and shiney.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by col.mc on 17/03/2005 09:04:22

Anyone tried the tyrewall 'paint' they have in halfords? Its not kept with the cleaning stuff, but over with the touch up paints etc.

I think that like the stuff my dad used when I was a kid, it was called "Tyre Black" back then.

Stay well away [V]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
yeh tyre paint Col Mc - stay well away.

I use the real stuff, comes in a 5L drum, Autoglym do it, Carbrite etc and is the stuff you apply with a paint brush and stealers etc use it.

Here is the result:

Posted Image

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote: posted by oxford on 17/03/2005 20:16:46

I use the "Turtle Wax extreme tyre gel" too.

Fantastic stuff, just a bit boring to put on and you need to clean your hands 20 times after!

Try waring some latex gloves mate.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 17/03/2005 08:33:13

I've been using Megs Endurance tyre gel, lasts for ages & looks very nice, not too shiney. & the big bonus is it doesnt spin off all up the side of the car like some lesser brands [^]

I must have done something wrong then. Got some of this cheapish from Halfrauds, tried couple of weeks ago and sure no spin off just not lasted as long as I expected. Need to wash the company barge this w/e so will try again

Normally used to just wipe some armorall on thinly to remove the spin off effect.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Dont know if its avalible in Halfords etc,but i use Autoglym Rubber Plus Cleaner,much better than the Autoglym spray tre dressing in the shops. Its waterproof,so it lasts for ages. Ive used it for years,used to get it when i worked at the dealers,still use it now in 25 litre drums.

·
Registered
499 Posts
where do i get the 5L drum stuff that stealers use??

i used to use turtle wax wet n black, which was better than most i had used,

i bought megs hot shine at weekend, which is the best ive tried so far, and smells sooo edible!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quote: posted by oxford on 17/03/2005 20:16:46

I use the "Turtle Wax extreme tyre gel" too.

Fantastic stuff, just a bit boring to put on and you need to clean your hands 20 times after!

Same as - I have found this to be the best tyre dressing product I have ever come across - and I've used a few!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.