Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why does this keep happening ?

I spend ages typing a reply - hit the post tab and the screen where I put the mesage goes blank and a red asterisk appears next to the message bit above the box

Happens at work and at home and is weeing me off...

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Hmm, this has never happened to me, and it's just happened replying to damians post!

Damian, you using IE7 or anything?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope, IE6 at home

just got:

Not Found: Forum Not Found

The forum you requested does not exist.

when trying to reply but notice that Catriona has posted a test....

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Looks like your replying in HTML to me. Not quite sure how though. The pictures would indicate it and the way your typing over the background etc.

Will see if I can find any options.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I did, but deleted them as they were just tests.

Didn't get any problems with replying to your post Damian, one for the more technical minded here I think!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Go into your profile, click on the 'site options' tab and have a look to see if 'content editor' is set to standard.

If it isn't set it to it.

If it is already set to standard, then laugh at me.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Any other forum? As in a forum on this site or other sites in general? If the latter thats probably not suprising as we're one of only a handful of UK sites running CommintyServer.

Have you tried using another PC or browser to post with to see if its tied down to one system?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Can you try installing Firefox and see if the same happens with that also?

As no one else has reported this problem its likely down to something you are doing, or, possibly, something running on your machine(s). However as its happening both at home and at work it must be localised to you Damian [:p]

Try installing Firefox and see if you can re-create the problem with that.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the problem of not being able to post now and again.

I get round the problem by going to internet options, then deleting cookies, then deleting all off line content, then logging back in... seems to clear my problems every time

[:D]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
However as its happening both at home and at work it must be localised to you Damian [:p]
you're just mean ! Never used to happen - only started this year.

I can't install software at work - they don't allow it - will try to get on the forum at home on Saturday night and see what happens...

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the problem of not being able to post now and again.

I get round the problem by going to internet options, then deleting cookies, then deleting all off line content, then logging back in... seems to clear my problems every time

[:D]
cheers - have done the same now so will see if it helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts