Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am thinking of getting a tv screen put in my golf but i want it built into the dash, how can this be done, does anyone no any contacts that may be helpful, thanks

rishi

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well yeah, if thats what needs doin just to get like a 7 inch screen on the dash but built into it so it looks flush n smooth, u rekon u can help

rish

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wut do u mean, ill get a dvd player with the tv 4 sure but not sure bout sat nav, maybe as then when i get pulled by fedz i can say sat nav is on

[;)]

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Well you can pick up a vw sat nav for about ?400

Dvd player with TV tuner for the glove box for about ?109

Dietz DVD adapter for about ?140

Tv ariels ?19

Thats an option

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
That does look rather tempting, but also a little intrusive. I wouldn't personally buy it simply because it look as if you can take the screen off to deter thieves. The sat nav looks OEM enough, but this won't. Does look extremely tempting though!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I do this for a living and am building a 7" wide screen into my bora as you say built into the dash so looks part of it. I did have a double din screen from kenwood until someone kindly screwdrivered my passanger side door lock and removed it for me thast why i am now fibreglassing a new screen in so they can not do it again.

Going to use the directed screens which i fit everyday into headrest etc and the quality is great from them and i have fitted nearly everyscreen on the market at some point and these are as good as any or i would not use them in mine also the price is really good to.

Will put some pictures up as soon as its finished

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah Ill be interested in how you do this mate, try and get some piccys of the cage before you mount it too. I inherited a laptop with a dead screen a while ago and was thinking of installing it under the passenger seat and running the vga/usb to a touchscreen in the dash for sat mp3/dvd and sat nav, its jus the problem of mounting the screen in the dash thats been putting me off it for so long. I think a laptops spot on for the car as you dont have to worry about the PSU so much as its battery backed, just have it hibernate on x% battery remaining and charge when then engine is running [:)]

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am not going to be using a cage but rebuilding the dash surround so the screen is fitted to it as a replacement fro the dash in the centre. Will get the pics up soon so you can get a better idea of what i mean. I am based in birmingham so think i am a bit out the way for you. It depends on what screens you are looking at using and what you want it to do but should be able to mount any screens in the vw dash. Once i have finished mine off will see if i can make a plug so can make a few and see if they fit your car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts