Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know I said I was going to get a new mkV Gti so long as I liked the test drive but I lied! In fact I can definately saying I wouldn't go for a diesal, oops lied again!

I went for a test drive today in an a3 2.0TDI DSG S-line and loved it so ordered myself one for the 1st of March.

Went for flat Black with the black and silver interior with a few more toys on top. Managed to get a decent discount, as much as I could get on the net so I am quite happy.

Just got to remove the suspension etc from my R and put it up in the classifieds... So if anyone is after a set of coilovers etc let me know.

J.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Some mistake surely James. Are you feeling alright !

Hahaha, just a week ago you scoffed. "Moi, in a diesel. No Chance!"

Still, good choice mate. You'll be laughing all the way to the bank after the 'R'.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: posted by BlahBlahMan on 04/12/2004 17:58:44

Some mistake surely James. Are you feeling alright !

Hahaha, just a week ago you scoffed. "Moi, in a diesel. No Chance!"

Still, good choice mate. You'll be laughing all the way to the bank after the 'R'.

I know, I know... I have a feeling I will be in for a bit of stick! Not only a taxi but an old mans auto taxi

J,

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Excellent choice mate, I love the S-Lines....

Did you p/ex the 'R' then, if so did you get a good price for it?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The S-line pack has got to be a bit of a bargain if you ask me!!!

Nope not part ex'ing the R in going to sell it privately (well fingers crossed I will!)

J.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
How much do you want for the coilovers and will that include the camber adjustment bars?

Sad to see you joining the darkside, but at least its to a pretty good model [;)]

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by marriedblonde on 04/12/2004 18:01:43

I have a feeling I will be in for a bit of stick! Not only a taxi but an old mans auto taxi

J,

loverly to have you aboard - so to speak..

i'm sure all those quips will change after you've driven a soot 'godess' for a while, never mind the inevitable remap!

hump - i feel a bit jealous!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the welcome fatbob, err I think [:D]

Tabs,

Didn't bother getting a trade in price, my local VW dealership offered me good money a little while ago so if I have problems shifting it next year I'll go and speak to them. I was more concerned trying to get a decent deal from Audi without shoving a trade in into the equation. There not overly keen on discounts on all accounts especially not to match the internet prices, but hey I got there in the end.

what do you mean there was something lacking? Is it just that you didn't get on with the car? I loved the car, nice handling, amazing gearbox and the interior in black and silver is amzing - but hey I may just be a bit biased...

J.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on the move.......how did your words taste after savouring them ? LOL!!!

Welcome mate - enjoy every last mpg!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well i think you couldnt have picked the perfect car, honestly mate!

I absoloutey luurrrrrve the new A3, i think it just looks so damn SEXY, and well with a 2.0TDI S line and DSG you cant go wrong can you!

planned any first mods yet? Bet you cant wait now, counting down the days...

1 down, only another 85 days to go [;)]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Quote: posted by marriedblonde on 04/12/2004 20:43:52

Cheers for the welcome fatbob, err I think [:D]

Tabs,

Didn't bother getting a trade in price, my local VW dealership offered me good money a little while ago so if I have problems shifting it next year I'll go and speak to them. I was more concerned trying to get a decent deal from Audi without shoving a trade in into the equation. There not overly keen on discounts on all accounts especially not to match the internet prices, but hey I got there in the end.

what do you mean there was something lacking? Is it just that you didn't get on with the car? I loved the car, nice handling, amazing gearbox and the interior in black and silver is amzing - but hey I may just be a bit biased...

J.

I think it was a case of liking my MK4's too much! Just couldn't warm to the Audi, felt a bit too clinical for my tastes. Also something about the driving position put me off and that was the end for me... I was ready to sign as well [B)]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Boh hoo - Another "R" man going...

How many of us are left now?!

Sounds like a nice motor but as an under 30 year old, not a consideration for a while yet (grabs coat, runs away)...!

·
Registered
570 Posts
J - If you are getting rid of those coilovers etc.... then let me know if mikedav dont want them.

Was looking at getting something like this next year for my 4Mo so it could be just what I'm looking for to sort out the ride of my little car [:)]

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well lets see how long this move last ah J - longer than the Cooper??...hehe

Must admit mate I do love the A3 S, and when I get rid of my MK4 I'll probably be looking at that or a MK5 TDi - have to wait n see.

Cheers

C

ps You know you've already sold you rear cluster [;)]

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Quote: posted by sutherlandm on 05/12/2004 10:51:13

Boh hoo - Another "R" man going...

If J manages to sell it to someone on here will be no depatures just a chnage of owener! Just make J an offer guys! [;)]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote: posted by Foxy on 05/12/2004 01:18:44

Congrats on the move.......how did your words taste after savouring them ? LOL!!!

Welcome mate - enjoy every last mpg!

Still enjoying the taste matey [:D]

Quote: posted by sdesailly on 05/12/2004 02:14:05

Well i think you couldnt have picked the perfect car, honestly mate!

I absoloutey luurrrrrve the new A3, i think it just looks so damn SEXY, and well with a 2.0TDI S line and DSG you cant go wrong can you!

planned any first mods yet? Bet you cant wait now, counting down the days...

1 down, only another 85 days to go [;)]

Thank you, hopefully I will feel the same way after a few months of owner ship. This is the first car I have bought not just listening to heart and the head actually was involved!

I've got 85 days to pick out a set of rims for it and fingers corssed there will be a few more otions on the chipping front!

J.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
back to 2wd and a lack of traction [!]

Any bets being taken on whether the Audi will only last as long as the MCS, before returning to the Golf stable [?]

A good (sensible) choice of car, i'm sure it's going to be a great looker with your touch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts