Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Bearing in mind my recent trip to Jabba and my maybe broken turbo.

What turbo's just bolt on? I know k03, k03s & k04-001.

Is there anything else? I seem to remember a eurospec turbo or somthing giving about 260 bhp ish. As if I have to replace the turbo then I would like something better than the k03s.

I would like to fitter the larger k04(TT/S3/CR) but I know the downpipe comes out at an angle. Is there any adapters or ways round this? can the s3 downpipes and cats be used on the mark 4?

Any one has any idea's let me know I can't afford the ihi turbo.

Sorry for the long post [;)]

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone here had an E05 fitted? what kind of power and other mods are needed for it to work?

Also costs??

Anyone got one to sell[;)]

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
I ran an E05 for about 20K miles and had no problems with it. It made about 260Hp and 300lbft.

More top end than an K03. I ran it with development revo code, and it was fun for a while, but it just wasn't enough for me.

Not sure if it's worth the money though. I'd probably spend the money on IHI instead. (oops I did)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by Wilko on 13/12/2004 16:33:27

I ran an E05 for about 20K miles and had no problems with it. It made about 260Hp and 300lbft.

More top end than an K03. I ran it with development revo code, and it was fun for a while, but it just wasn't enough for me.

Not sure if it's worth the money though. I'd probably spend the money on IHI instead. (oops I did)

I would like a ihi but it's going to cost at least another 2.5-3K which I can't afford at the moment would likly be 6 months till I could scrape that kind of cash together!

I thought if I could get the e05 for about 1k then i would do that b4 just replacing with a k03s.

Where did you get your e05 from? Can you tell me how much?

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
You buy them direct from eurospec. But try AM motorsport for cheap K03s or their new K04 hybrid.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hijack: Does anybody know, after watching the Top Gear feature on that awesome EVO FQ400 - would a similar lag be evident on a GT28RS glued to a 1.8T?

Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Although i don't mean to upset anyone by continuing this hijack....

IMO the lag shown on Top Gear is very much exaggerated and i find it had to believe that an evo 8 would take over 1.5 miles to come on boost in sixth gear.

In response to question, the lag on a GT28RS would surely depend on what speed and what gear you are travelling at. If you can keep it in the power band and can try and keep the front wheels on the ground i don't think the lag is too bad....

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
The Gt28rs would start to spool from 2500rpm, making full boost by 4000rpm.

The evo uses a gt30R I think and it doesn't start to spool until 3500, and isn't fully spooled until 5000rpm.

IhI is starting to boost by under 2k and makes meaningful boost by 3000rpm. 50-70 in top in about 5.5 secs. About the same as a k03 car, so prety flexible.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote: posted by Wilko on 13/12/2004 20:52:23

The Gt28rs would start to spool from 2500rpm, making full boost by 4000rpm.

The evo uses a gt30R I think and it doesn't start to spool until 3500, and isn't fully spooled until 5000rpm.

IhI is starting to boost by under 2k and makes meaningful boost by 3000rpm. 50-70 in top in about 5.5 secs. About the same as a k03 car, so prety flexible.

one of the places i went last year for a quick rolling road has alot of Evo customers and the guy was very impressed with the way the IHI with our 1.8 delivered its power over a much broader rev range...

·
Registered
811 Posts
still wouldn't bother with that turbo over a ko3s..... perhaps and Eo5 at a good price but you wont make much more power than you have imho. the AGU car wont make the sort of power that a late dbw car does simply down the ECU's lack of capability

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like I will be saving my pennies for an IHI from Jabba, I will get another ko3s for now and hopefully in the summer I will get the kit off Mike, apparently the price is coming down slightly in January, so hopefully i will have about 300 bhp to play with !! [:)]

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know this has proberbly been asked b4 but cant you fit the s3 ko4 and the leon cupra r downpipes???

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by MkIV Turbo on 14/12/2004 18:50:09

Fitting an S3 K04 is more hassle and expense than its worth unless you're getting the parts for nothing, stick with the K03S mate.

Just trying to look at as many options as possible [;)]

It does look more like I will replace the k03s with another and save for the IHI conversion next year!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts