Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much are they? I have had a quote of ?3600 from awesome for the eliminator (350bhp) conversion inc FMIC. Is there anywhere cheaper? it don't have to be the eliminator though.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
How much are they? I have had a quote of ?3600 from awesome for the eliminator (350bhp) conversion inc FMIC. Is there anywhere cheaper? it don't have to be the eliminator though.
buy the eliminator gt28 turbo, high flow mani, 3 inch inlet and 440cc injectors from a place like ecodetuning.com in america. these parts cost 1400ish inc tax (if you get ecode to put a value on ?500 on it). fit al the parts but the injectors yourself (free of charge [:)]. go to a place to get a custom map and fit the injectors there and then (you may need a uprated fuel pump and 3inch maf housing from a s3 or TT225 which will cost about just over 100ish i think). the custom map will be 500-600 depending on where you go. then for a IC you can again get a big SMIC from a place called boost factory in the states which costs around ?260 and fit it yourself, it has been said by many buyers just as good as an average FMIC.

turbo kit 1400

map 600

fuel pump and maf housing around ?100 if you do some searching

SMIC 260

total ?2360

its more hassel but hell of allot cheaper if you do your own shopping.

im doing the same above but hoping that revo stage 3 for the eliminaotor will be avalible as an upgrade fee like ?150 for the map for example.

check my website for more details on this project.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I'd accept paying a little extra for one company to supply, fit, map and warranty a BT install.
You will save money by sourcing bits and fitting yourself but what happens when theres a problem after mapping, mapper blames turbo or installation, turbo supplier blames mapper. Also just imagine the fun you would have posting your supposed faulty turbo back to America!!
Not worth the potential hassle IMHO

·
Registered
931 Posts
agree with you there gary, do it yourself, and it goes wrong your on your own, at least if you have a company do the work, you can go back to them.

i'd rather pay that bit extra and have that peice of mind, that if it does develop a fault, you got someone to go back to.

considered an ihi turbo? got one myself, very happy with it. stil usable as a daily driver to.320bhp, 9months down line, not a single problem ( except fuel [;)])

think i paid around ?4k, but no doubt prices will differ now. badger5 done mine.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
yeh as everyone else said its easier to get a company to sort it all out for you and you then get them to sort it out if it all goes tits up.iv just been quoted a good price from JBS for a JBS04 and hi flow cat and cc map that im gona be sorting soon.its alot harder to fot all these parts at home than it is for the pros to fir on a ramp. i lost my temper just trying to get my hands anywhere near the turbo never mind trying to take it all off..

sory for posting a question in your post but.... when i have the bigger fuel pump fitted will they be putting a 4 bar FPR on or will they leave my standard one on? just wondered cus he didnt mention that over the phone

cheers oh and that seems a very good price mate

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
agree with you there gary, do it yourself, and it goes wrong your on your own, at least if you have a company do the work, you can go back to them.

i'd rather pay that bit extra and have that peice of mind, that if it does develop a fault, you got someone to go back to.

considered an ihi turbo? got one myself, very happy with it. stil usable as a daily driver to.320bhp, 9months down line, not a single problem ( except fuel [;)])

think i paid around ?4k, but no doubt prices will differ now. badger5 done mine.
mat-- do you have a LSD on yours?or is it on the list to do?

·
Registered
931 Posts
[:)]nope, no lsd. is on the to-do list, but wil do when i sort clutch.

i can live without for now, i do get lots of spin pulling away quick, but i've got used to it now. finally managing to launch the car quick with no spin now

·
Registered
626 Posts
sory for posting a question in your post but.... when i have the bigger fuel pump fitted will they be putting a 4 bar FPR on or will they leave my standard one on? just wondered cus he didnt mention that over the phone

cheers oh and that seems a very good price mate
I am still running standard FPR with uprated fuel pump as advised by mike at jabba so should be ok.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i take it you have the bosch 440 injectors? cheers for that just wanted to know. do you think you would. get any differance in having the 4bar FPR?

mat- are you using the standard clutch at the min? do you get any slippage?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i agree with what evey one says about the DIY and would rather pay the extra for a company to do it... but i cant justify spending over 3k on my car for an eliminator turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
can anyone answer if having a 4bar FPR would improve anything if got a bigger fuel pump and the big turbo upgrade...

cheers

·
Registered
626 Posts
i take it you have the bosch 440 injectors? cheers for that just wanted to know. do you think you would. get any differance in having the 4bar FPR?

mat- are you using the standard clutch at the min? do you get any slippage?
Yes mate i have the bosch 440 injectors, to be honest i dont think there would be any gains in changing the fpr aswell as uprating the pump.

phil

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
but wouldnt the FPR be restricting the injectors and not letting them get there full use?its only cheap for a FPR so just wondered why people dont change them

cheers though mate

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not sure mate, all i know is i asked mike at jabba if i needed one and he said no, so just took his word for it, but i to would be intersested to no why.

phil

1 - 18 of 18 Posts