Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

turbo to intercooler pipe help...

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  techfreak 
#1 ·
my turbo wasent kicking in after some help from you guys i found the problem thanx to you all it was the big fat pipe on the driver side of the engine that goes to the intercooler i had the front bumper and headlight out to get to the pipe put the pipe back on and put a jobealee clip on as the other clip was broke got all back together all was fine put the foot down a little and the pipe has came right off now eny ideas on how to join the pipe so it wont cum back off

#4 ·
ive just got a clip mate but was wundring how good they are because the pipe came off at the bottem the first time they dont look that good idea could i drill a hole throw the pipe and put a long bolt throw would that work. im just not wunting to take all back of and for it to happen again

#5 ·
You will probably need a new clip from VW as they hold the pipe in on the standard connectors.

As a temporary measure you could put a jubilee clip on each side of the joint and thread thick cable ties between them to pull the joint together.
I'm liking this idea, would look a little heath robinson but sounds like it would do the trick.

I guess a screw could work and I do know people have done it but personally I wouldnt.

#10 ·
If you take a look at my build thread and Madmans there is info on IC upgrading in there

The pipes were off ebay (57mm 45 degree bend), but to join it to standard SMIC you'd need an alloy coupler from SFS or somewhere similar, an egr delete, 2 90 degree silicone bends and some clamps
Whoo ooh free mention

It is a worthwhile upgrade the stock stuff leaks more boost than a cowboy on beans[:DD]

#11 ·
Hi madman and old_no7,

I'm interested in this, as my turbo pipe keeps blowing off, and been told those standard vw clips are the weak link.

Could you elaborate more on the items needed and where to get em from pls?

is it one steel pipe off ebay? i'll contact sfs for the coupler (what size and how many?)

What do i need for egr delete? silicone bends I'll ask sfs for or ebay, and clamps would you say mikalor? what size and again how many?

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.