Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a golf 1.8t require a turbo timer as loadsa my mates saying ANY turbo car does, but if they did wouldnt the manufactures build them in already [:S]

·
Registered
692 Posts
Every turbo car should be run for a min or two before turning off so the oil pressure remains there whilst the turbo stops spinning

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers m8 , so by doing this would replace the need for a timer shouldnt it, i dont always have time to leave the car running for 1min/2min thou,my poor lil turbo [:(]

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well the harder you use the car the longer you should leave it on tick over.

My bros scoob has a Blitz one and the longest thats kept the car running is 1min 60secs

Normaly 1 min would be more than fine

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
As long as you're gentle with the car for the last mile or two you shouldn't even need to leave it running at all really.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah haynes manual states "after a spirited drive ensure the car is allowed to idle for a minimum of 2 minutes" I always give it 3 or so & listen to sum tunes.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good excuse for a *** i guess, smoked outside the car of course ! Yogi (or anyone) i no this is wayyyyy of my post but talking of music i changed the headunit in my golf and everytime i turn the ignition off it forgets all the settings, where can i get a live feed from, anyone else found this ?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry dude, but do u mean swap the red wire with the blue wire? (sounds like a james bond film LOL)  just wanna make sure mate lol

·
Registered
692 Posts
What the *** am i chatting about! Really not with it today! Ahh well i finish work in 10 mins! lol

Sorry mate, you have to swap the RED and the YELLOW wires in the iso block. Should take 5mins max!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOOOOOOOOOL tom, ok cheers for that you dont no how annoying it was, all my sound settings gone EVRYTIME i turned the igntion off [:(]

U sure you dont mean it should take a max of 4min 60secs hahahaaa sorry i couldnt resist, i got anohter half hour of work [:(]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts