Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there am wondering if you can help me.. am having bit of trouble with my vw golf mk4 gt tdi 115. car has had a few mods lowered cat back exhaust remap recently bin serviced... recently when driving have only noticed it in 3rd gear when your giving it some it gets over 4000rpm an car looses power engine an exhaust sound deeper :S has done it 3 times in the last week...but you turn the car an back off an its fine then...any1 know what this could be???thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it does it just over 4000rpm when it giving it some... its had a recon turbo aswell year ago...(to sock rocker) an where would i get a fault scan is that a plug in to the diagnostic machine?? n07? may thanks guys :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
n75 wouldnt flash up, it is Vac line controlled, so if you have vaccume in your lines your car would not register it. or your VNT vanes could be stuck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
had the same problem on my other halves shalaxy(sharon/galaxy).Fitted a new relay no.106 and for the sake of £14 it was worth it.This relay is known for failing so i'm told.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
soo what you rekon i should do? it only does it now an then?? soon as she gets to 4000 rpm it cuts out just feels like a 1.9d.... turn it on an of an she boosts all day ....

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts
Before you spend any money get it fault scanned, if you are getting a "17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation" error you need to check the VNT and associated hardware (N75, Vac lines Actuator) as outlined in the link I posted earlier.

Find someone with Vagcom locally and get it scanned and if necessary some logging done (as per the link), this will cost you a beer but is cheaper than replacing parts blindly.

Best case scenario would be a split vac hose or something simple like the hose has come off at the turbo end [y] but as you are saying that it "3rd gear when your giving it some it gets over 4000rpm" I wouldn't think it was a disconnected hose \ faulty valve as it would be happening all the time.

Neil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts