Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I think the best route would be to take the turbo off and open it up. Using the cleaner and a good brush clean it all out until its good. Then fit it back.

This is what is happening to mine

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, ill get some next week not having any problems with the turbo atm but if i clean it i know its done and don't have to do it till i do its next service.

When i do it is there a gasket to change or some bolts which would need/worth changing with i am doing it?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Are you getting the "sticky vanes' issue?

I would find out how hard it is to remove the turbo and get inside . Looks like it might be the best way and not cost that much more . At least you know its clean !!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I would find out how hard it is to remove the turbo and get inside . Looks like it might be the best way and not cost that much more . At least you know its clean !!
no sticky vanes as i know just don't think its ever been done and its just rolling on 156k so was going to clean it when i service it next month.

·
Registered
406 Posts
has any1 had a problem where the steering feels to turn left sharper than it does right an genrally just feels sloppy i have changed wish bones roll bar bushes etc lost now and dnt know what else to change to get the car feeling like it drives tight if u get me lol

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
has anyone had a problem where the steering feels to turn left sharper than it does right an genrally just feels sloppy i have changed wish bones roll bar bushes etc lost now and dnt know what else to change to get the car feeling like it drives tight if You get me lol
Posted Image

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
has anyone had a problem where the steering feels to turn left sharper than it does right an genrally just feels sloppy i have changed wish bones roll bar bushes etc lost now and dnt know what else to change to get the car feeling like it drives tight if You get me lol
Try making your own thread mate you will get more response... you might also want to press a few vowels as you type! dont be afraid to use A E I O and (the other one that this stupid forum changes to YOU)they are just a key press away[:p]

·
Registered
906 Posts

no sticky vanes as i know just don't think its ever been done and its just rolling on 156k so was going to clean it when i service it next month.
Does the AGR have a variable vane turbo?

·
Registered
650 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It wasn't that effective on mine, I ended up stripping the turbo to clean it manually.

This is what inside looked like when I took it to peices - this is a few weeks after an innotec clean

Woooo. Got a guide for that mate.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
WOW !!

If thats all the Innotec is doing then its not the liquid that is the issue..its the method of application. Thats why i will be interested in seeing what "R-Tech" will be doing with mine . IF its not a major job for a garage to remove turbo and open it. Clean and fit back, It will be a lot better all round. Also customer gets to know its really [email protected]!

But even if mine was cleaned by that amount? It still made a big difference !!

Will report back once the car is ready

1 - 20 of 20 Posts