MKV GT TDI 2.0 140BHP?

Who tunes them also?

Cheers

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys!

All links were appreciated and very helpfull..

I still carn't make up my mind on what car to buy next. I won't be for probably another year yet as I bought my first house just over three months ago.

Shortlist so far:-

Golf MKV GT TDI 140

Golf MKIV GTI 150PD

Audi A4 130PD Sport

I also like the idea of a Seat Leon Cupra 150PD, although prefer the Golfs.

P.s. I would love a BMW 330d although ?20,000 buys you a decent one. Looking more at ?15,000

Cheers

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I was looking into this just recently. I had intended to run at least 10,000 on my clock before trying this both to bed the car in and also give the tuners time to see what they can drag out of the engine.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'd rule out the MKIV and the A4 Ricky..A4 is being replaced straight after Christmas and the MKIV is starting to get long in the tooth if you're talking about buying one in a year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i got mine chipped with only 600 miles on the clock had a few little problems with flat spots which they sorted out for me goes very well now on acceleration

in a straight line it does a great wheel spin on the second to third gear change if you are flooring it at about 35 MPH

i was well happy with the difference for a box that was plugged in line we have 2 golfs at work and when my mate drove mine he wasn't happy as his (for some strange reason) doesn't go as fast;-)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I liked the sound of the box for sale at awesome GTI. It plugs into the diagnostic port and can easily reprogrammed should their be any need to take it into the dealers for warrenty repairs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dont think they do that for the mk5 yet thats why i got the box that plugs in line that can be hidden and dont show up on the diag machine

·
Registered
740 Posts
Patience [^] I'm waiting for Revo. Otherwise over to Jabba.

AmD charge an arm and a leg. Could get a remap and a milltek for how much they want! [:O]

·
Registered
33 Posts
AND WHAT DOES THAT SAY AVAILABLE SHORTLY

Ive had mine fitted for 2 months and everybody was saying then it would be available shortly

1 - 20 of 29 Posts