Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 1999 1.8T agu which so far ive had a apr stage 1 fitted, carbonio cai, forge tip, blue flame dowpipe, sports cat and back box. not got a clue what the bhp is. but im wondering if their is anything else i can do to increase performance, other than upgrading the turbo to a ko3s. ideas please, will a manifold make any difference? or a intercooler?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Turbo Inlet pipe certainly makes a difference on the AUM engine, so maybe yours. I know it's a good 10BHP increase! (According to a forum I was on, they had dyno charts too to back it up)

Manifold should increase power too ( IHave one waiting to go on) but they are quite expensive (£200+) and also hard to fit (Requires the tubro being removed) so make sure you know a mechanic, good thing I do!! lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive already got a forge tip.  I was looking at manifolds however ive heard of people having problems with the heat that they give off melting anything close by due to them not being coated like the standard ones.  Hvae you got any idea what bhp difference it will make.   

·
Registered
832 Posts
ive already got a forge tip. I was looking at manifolds however ive heard of people having problems with the heat that they give off melting anything close by due to them not being coated like the standard ones. Hvae you got any idea what bhp difference it will make.
Not sure mate, I heard steel manifolds heat up a lot quicker but they don't get any hotter than cast iron ones? I'm sure if it was an issue the steel ones would be 'coated' too. Or just check there is nothing around that could be touching the manifold.

No idea on BHP gains mate, I just want it to sound more throaty and have more balls!

·
Registered
832 Posts
ive already got a forge tip. I was looking at manifolds however ive heard of people having problems with the heat that they give off melting anything close by due to them not being coated like the standard ones. Hvae you got any idea what bhp difference it will make.
Not sure mate, I heard steel manifolds heat up a lot quicker but they don't get any hotter than cast iron ones? I'm sure if it was an issue the steel ones would be 'coated' too. Or just check there is nothing around that could be touching the manifold.

No idea on BHP gains mate, I just want it to sound more throaty and have more balls!

·
Registered
832 Posts
not sure if i can get a stage 2 revo due to my car being a drive-by-wire?? whats a 4bar fpr?
You mean because it's not 'drive-by-wire' (DBW).

Basically it is an uprated 'Fuel Pressure Regulator' (FPR) and it runs at higher pressure (4BAR) than stock FPR's. In other words your engine will have a more healthy supply of fuel!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats one serious piece of kit. Does anyone have any idea if it would be worthwhile fitting a 4bar fpr or is it a try it and see type of mod. dizzee_rich let us know how you go on with the manifold as i might consider getting one. has anyone else got one fitted?

·
Registered
832 Posts
thats one serious piece of kit. Does anyone have any idea if it would be worthwhile fitting a 4bar fpr or is it a try it and see type of mod. dizzee_rich let us know how you go on with the manifold as i might consider getting one. has anyone else got one fitted?
I wont be able to tell you mate as I'm getting de-cat, 3" down pipe, manifold, turbo inlet pipe, new dumpvavle and 4BAR FPR all fitted at same time lol! O'll tell you how that all goes though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts