Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
A lot of ??? for not much more bhp. Don't bother unless you're going to be keeping the car for a long time. Look to spend it on lightweight motorsport wheels (not super heavy 18-19" fashion wheels) and suspension. I've got a K&N Typhoon induction kit and Revo remap on mine, my Revo dealer reckons I could be pushing 120 horses on a good day if I also add my Milltek sports exhaust which is still sitting under my desk at work.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha nah i think that will be my only word! my last words will be done! when i have illuminating shift knob and bora vents! colour coded front and rear valence + rubs strips all round and door handles!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If your looking at replacing it in a years time then save ur ???? and just keep saving to get a really good base car and then mod as you want. Plus, will ur mods ur planning be liked by a future owner?? They may lower the price and give the new potential owner the idea that you've been a bit of a boy racer/chav and not cared for it very well. Best leave it as standard to get the max ???? when u sell it on.

B

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
too late i have already started my 1st mod! front and rear bumper strips are removed and in proccess of painting! next is door strips then handles then rear lights(standard gti) then door handles! finished! oh valances at sum point!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well colour coding isn't to back and could be seen as a factory thing (mine are colour coded from VW as standard), but theres no point splashing loads on it if ur going to replace it in a years time like u said. Save it for the next car and then you'll get more bang per buck aswell!!!! Talking of which I'm putting my pennies to one side for the mod's on my sig, just need to get back in a job first tho! [:)]

B

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1.4 and 1.6 and tdi's 100bhp and under didnt have colour match trim! but i think the black looks really tacky and now its half way removed! looks better already and i havnt got any trim on yet! lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
A lot of ??? for not much more bhp. Don't bother unless you're going to be keeping the car for a long time. Look to spend it on lightweight motorsport wheels (not super heavy 18-19" fashion wheels) and suspension. I've got a K&N Typhoon induction kit and Revo remap on mine, my Revo dealer reckons I could be pushing 120 horses on a good day if I also add my Milltek sports exhaust which is still sitting under my desk at work.
oi shium, thats me your talking about with the wheels [:p]

i think i lost about 8bhp when i put the 18"s on however the lack of under stear followed by over stear more than made up for it.

went for super weight as i couldnt jusify the cost of good wheels. only paid ?650 for wheels and new tyres.

·
Registered
639 Posts
1.4 and 1.6 and tdi's 100bhp and under didnt have colour match trim! but i think the black looks really tacky and now its half way removed! looks better already and i havnt got any trim on yet! lol
been thinking of doing mine for some time. dont know whether to over spray, remove or replace with factory primed ones.

in any case how did you get yours off? anyone got a guide?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
oi shium, thats me your talking about with the wheels [:p]

i think i lost about 8bhp when i put the 18"s on however the lack of under stear followed by over stear more than made up for it.

went for super weight as i couldnt jusify the cost of good wheels. only paid ?650 for wheels and new tyres.
LOL sorry mate [:D] Your car looks wicked since you put the 18s on [Y]

Slap a rear anti-roll bar on though, then you'll know what is lack of understeer [:O] Best ?100 I ever spent [:)]

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
where are revo how can i contact them and how much does it cost to get it done i got a 1.6 8v and would like 120bhp

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Revo has dealers nationwide, try the Revo web site to find your nearest dealer.

Are you running standard suspension? If so, I'd sort that first - you'll be amazed at how much speed you can carry compared to stock. A 1.6 will never be proper fast but with decent suspension, once you're up to speed you can bomb around quite nicely.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts