Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, i would really like to do this mod, but have not had any luck in finding out if the part will fit?

does anyone know if it will fit, and if so, what is the part number?

cheers, pav.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i have the same issue not really sure what one to get i was advised to get the one that fits the 110 tdi but i just called my Audi and quoted them "8N0 711 051" and they said it doesnt exist can anyone help me ? i think this is the one i need the ball joint 5 speed leaver

·
Registered
249 Posts
Im looking to buy the TT shifter for my GTI but not sure which one I need as the part numbers on here arent valid anymore[:S]

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
the guy i spoke to did say the number had been changed and they can still get them but he couldnt tell me if it was a cerclip one or a ball joint or if it was 5speed or 6 speed, i would just buy one and hope for the best but as they have to order the part they wont refund it. so im lost on what to do can anyone help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
1.6 8v and SDI has a s elector rods for gear change, all other gear
boxes have shift cables. Audi TT's or R32:'s short shifter works only,
in shift cable gearbox, not 1.6 or sdi engines with s elector rods.

There is no short shifter's available in s electot rod gearbox, i think
that i would all ready find one, after 5 year's of searching.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for that mate, finally a concrete answer!!

guess i should save the money and put it towards a repair kit so my gearbox doesnt go bang in the near future.

cheers.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Thanks i have also been looking for ages for a answer, rather dissapointed i really wanted to have do the short shifter mod and for £20.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I have been looking around so many sites for short shifters and i have seen one for the 1.6 setup and if i rember corect it is the bit with the balast weight attached that is changed to make the short shifter.

i will try and find out where i have seen it fo you guys.

Andy

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I have been looking around so many sites for short shifters and i have seen one for the 1.6 setup and if i rember corect it is the bit with the balast weight attached that is changed to make the short shifter.

i will try and find out where i have seen it fo you guys.

Andy
Thanks that would be great if it can be done

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
im trying to find the parts for a TT short shifter for my 1.8 T AUM 2001 engine

anyone .. ive looked everywhere and only found the parts for AGU.. not my AUM

help ?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
now i got a 1.8T im going to get a forge one as they apparently reduce the throw by 40% but the TT is apparently only 20%
there only ?60 ish. i never managed to get one for my 1.6 i gave up in the end.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
cool, thought about forge, its just that im on a tight budget and i just wanted a small improvement hence the TT shifter... nevermind. the part no. to fit is almost impossible to find.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
I.m going to order my audi short shifter today, and ive got an AUM engine, the thing that you have to look for in your gearbox, is if it has a ball and socket on the end of the s elector cables or does it have a stainless steel circlip, mine has a circlip and my cars a 2001-2002 model, the part number for the circlip version tt shifter is 8N0 711 051A and i THINK the ball and socket version is 8N0 711 051 , this is for a FIVE speed gearbox, and its only costing ?23!!!!, great price for an oem short shifter!, if your not sure about what ends you have on the s elector cables, send me your chassis number and i,ll ask my dealer!, he should be able to tell me, any way i should recieve mine on Tuesday, so let me fit it first and i,ll take photo,s as well to help you along, although it is quite easy, as ive already removed my original shifter in readiness!.[:D]

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I.m going to order my audi short shifter today, and ive got an AUM engine, the thing that you have to look for in your gearbox, is if it has a ball and socket on the end of the s elector cables or does it have a stainless steel circlip, mine has a circlip and my cars a 2001-2002 model, the part number for the circlip version tt shifter is 8N0 711 051A and i THINK the ball and socket version is 8N0 711 051 , this is for a FIVE speed gearbox, and its only costing ?23!!!!, great price for an oem short shifter!, if your not sure about what ends you have on the s elector cables, send me your chassis number and i,ll ask my dealer!, he should be able to tell me, any way i should recieve mine on Tuesday, so let me fit it first and i,ll take photo,s as well to help you along, although it is quite easy, as ive already removed my original shifter in readiness!.[:D]
cool, ill pm you my chassis no, thanks a bunch !

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Hi mate, i checked out your chassis number with the dealer and the gearbox on yours is `unspecifiied` ie it could be the version with the ball and socket or the circlip type, but on his diagram only the cables with the ball and socket came up, but to be doubly sure can you take a close up pic of the part where the cables go on to the gearbox, its between the engine and battery, and i,ll be able to tell you straight away what type is fitted and thus what short shifter is needed!.

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts