Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

Do you know if the shocks from audi TT can be fitted on a MK4 Tdi, all 4 of them?

Does it worth to do this for a better handling or go with the Bilstein B4 sports as it was my original plan?

Many thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
put the b4,s on mate and get some eibach lowering springs mine have just arrived yesterday for me to fit next week

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
put the b4,s on mate and get some eibach lowering springs mine have just arrived yesterday for me to fit next week
I am thinking to put the B4 sports with the original springs for a while, then put the eibach on to see what the difference is, to experiment a bit.

Do you think B4 sports matched with original springs can give any problems to riding?

Cheers

·
Registered
751 Posts
Personally, and from a technical perspective it's not a good idea to put original springs on shortened shock absorbers, like the Bilstein B4 Sports for instance. This is because the height of the original springs will always keep the piston rod of the shock extended, preventing its normal compression and rebound movements smoothly. The shortened shocks are needless to say, designed for lowering springs upto say, 50mm.

In other words, it's the opposite of using lowering springs on normal shock absorbers - it will wear them out quickly.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advise Flamotronic,

I thought that the B4 sports are just more stiff than OEM, not shorter, but could be wrong.

I know B8 are shorter for sure. I think have to really ask some mopre people for advice before do anything.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
yes they will I have fitted some to a friends car when we did his TT rack and wishbone upgrade. Thats was a petrol though and the diesels need better springs and shocks duw to the wirght of the derv engine as the specs are different for pertol and diesels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts