Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Aaron it was red on an English 54 plate. Nice 18's too. The MKV is growing on me. Thought they looked odd from behind at first - bit annoying as all I'm going to see is the rear of GTIs if today is anything to go by!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I had one on my tail today, i'm really getting fond of them! The guy couldn't drive it though, as I left him, off the line, on the straight and on twisties. Nice 20 mile run.[:D] But I suspect that i'll be seeing the rears of the new GTI's soon with better drivers.[:(][:(]

·
Registered
56 Posts
I test drove one on Sunday and I can honestly say I was very impressed.

What sticks with me more than anything is the engine / exhaust noise and the poise on the road. In a straight line a quick car is a quick car but I whipped it around a few roundabouts and the steering was very direct and it felt much more assertive and planted to the road (IMO). Much nicer than my MkIV.

It gave me a massive grin!!!!!

Now can i justify one when I'm about to buy a house???????

NOOOOOOOOO!.

·
Registered
742 Posts
i got to test drive one of these the other week even though im only 19 got to say the engine sounds awesome and the traction off the line is quality handling is very impressive although the rep in the back wasnt happy when i went round a corner joining the motorway at 70!

but he did let me take it to 120

a good experience!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It will be a very interesting little encounter when I first come across one of these things, hope it doesnt spoil my night when it eventually happens [:(]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 15/02/2005 19:35:53

No Golf GTI is worth ?28K straight from the factory, thats just ridiculous.

and for 10K less you could get an R32 [:D]

·
Registered
907 Posts
Its surely worth the money...well as long as it isn't costing one ?28k.

Around ?22k'ish tops is okay for most I'd say, with must haves like 18" wheels, xenons and navi (discounts also apply).

I find my GTI to be worth the money. Its comfortable and sporty, I drive it around for work and it returns good MPG also. Thats something my R32 never does, but when I use the R32 I don't care about MPG!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quote: posted by flyfs6 on 15/02/2005 19:51:49

Around ?22k'ish tops is okay for most I'd say, with must haves like 18" wheels,

I think they really need the 19" IMO. Not dissing any1s taste but I really cant stand the mark V shape. I liked mark I and II shapes, hated mark III as soon as I saw it. When I first saw the mark IV I fell in love with the shape and still like it till this day. I think mark V needs huge wheels to make it look sporty and that gives it a sort of hot wheels look about it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts