Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Trip Computer - Door Open Message

1K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  unknown member 
#1 ·
When i took my car for a test drive when the door was open I'm pretty sure I noticed the trip computer saying *drivers door open* or something similar, which I thought to myself is pretty neat. Now I have purchased the car and all I get is a little door open warning light on the dash with the trip computer staying on the screen it currently is on, however when the boot is opened the trip computer says luggage compartment open.

The car was serviced since I the test drive so I guess it was linked up to their computer or something, is it possible they could have some how changd the software ?

The car in question is the GTTDI 130, what should i normally be like, and what does yours say? [*-)]

If it should and can display these messages I wont them to sort it as its due back in on tuesday for some other bits.

Thanks for your help

#5 ·
when i used to undo my seat belt whilst moving ( to get change from my pocket ) i would get a warning on the trip computer ( Bong + warning )but i tried it the other week and it did not work [:cool:]... I thought it might have been something to do with the stealer when in for a service ....

Jay

#18 ·
It also depends on what cluster you got as most people will have the half one.. which i dont think tells you about the doors being open... and i think the washer fluid one is only there if you have winter pack option..hth.

Sat [y]
Mate's golf TDI SE has half cluster and tells you when the door is open, and I have the 'low washer fluid warning light' but not the winter pack. Maybe it came standard on the GTi?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.