Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i took my car for a test drive when the door was open I'm pretty sure I noticed the trip computer saying *drivers door open* or something similar, which I thought to myself is pretty neat. Now I have purchased the car and all I get is a little door open warning light on the dash with the trip computer staying on the screen it currently is on, however when the boot is opened the trip computer says luggage compartment open.

The car was serviced since I the test drive so I guess it was linked up to their computer or something, is it possible they could have some how changd the software ?

The car in question is the GTTDI 130, what should i normally be like, and what does yours say? [*-)]

If it should and can display these messages I wont them to sort it as its due back in on tuesday for some other bits.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Door open warning light when opening the door, and when the boot is open the computer reads 'luggage compartment open'.

I'm sure it should read somehing similar for the doors?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
when i used to undo my seat belt whilst moving ( to get change from my pocket ) i would get a warning on the trip computer ( Bong + warning )but i tried it the other week and it did not work [:cool:]... I thought it might have been something to do with the stealer when in for a service ....

Jay

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, there is a warning light comeing up on the dash display, but I think there should be a reading on the trip computer?? which isn't happening..

·
Registered
752 Posts
yep...

My mates 2001 SE (tdi) has a boot and door warning light/message but not the washer fluid light/message

My 2001 GTi (1.8T) has a boot warning and washer fluid warning light/message but not the door warning light/message [:S]

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I think the washer fluid light is an option on all cars that comea as part of the winter pack (you get a bigger washer bottle and headlight washers). though I could be wrong!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I maybe wrong and will try this tomorrow, but the display tells the driver which door is open on only when the car is moving.

Again, I'm not 100%

Rich

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
If the engine is running and the boot is opened it says luggage compartment open.

If the door is open and you pull away, it then warns you which door is open in the way you are talking about.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine shows the door open warning light and the warning message appears as you start to drive the car together with a warning beep. Luggage is different, it shows warning message all the time, when open.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
It also depends on what cluster you got as most people will have the half one.. which i dont think tells you about the doors being open... and i think the washer fluid one is only there if you have winter pack option..hth.

Sat [y]

·
Registered
752 Posts
It also depends on what cluster you got as most people will have the half one.. which i dont think tells you about the doors being open... and i think the washer fluid one is only there if you have winter pack option..hth.

Sat [y]
Mate's golf TDI SE has half cluster and tells you when the door is open, and I have the 'low washer fluid warning light' but not the winter pack. Maybe it came standard on the GTi?

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
My V5 had the washer fluid low warning but never had winter pack

It also had the luggage compartment warning light but no door open warning lights?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts