Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading the mk5 dis, I was interested in a useful tip about the windows and sunroof closing when holding down the lock button on the key. I was wondering if anyone knows if this works with the mk4, or of any other tips?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Just been reading the mk5 dis, I was interested in a useful tip about the windows and sunroof closing when holding down the lock button on the key. I was wondering if anyone knows if this works with the mk4, or of any other tips?
only way to get the windows etc to shut auto on the MK4 is to add "autowindow" module from awesome gti......

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
heres one trick that works on the PDs not sure about other TDIs or petrols..

when stopped and idling first press the brake peddle and keep it pressed, then slightly touch the accellerator to 1500rpms and it will fall aback to 1200rpm and then press the accellerator slowly to the floor and it will stay at 1200rpm until you let go of brake , if you let go of accellerator first it will very slowly return to idle, just thought id share that useless bit of info

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
It's like that on all the 'drive-by-wire' engines mickey32, try revving
up to about 1500 then put your foot on the brake and the revs should
drop back to idle. Same kind of thing as tyou said really.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.