Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a set of second hand 18" BBS CH alloys today (at the bargain price of ?500 :D ). Really pleased with them, although a couple of the rims need a light refurb to be perfect (not really that bad, im just a fussy bugger!!). In addition, a couple of the tyres are comming to the end of their life so a pair of Toyo tyres will be getting ordered shortly. With any luck, I'll get these rims on the car next weekend. Trial fitted them today to see how they look on the car - what do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scott

·
Registered
659 Posts
Cracking! [Y]

In fact, they look so good that VW really should have fitted those to the Mk5 GTi as standard (or offered them as an option at least.)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Look great. Your other rims were 'growers' (didn't like 'em to start but after more and more pics they looked superb!) but those look instantly good.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Those look a lot better than those other wheels you had on and really suit the car [y]. How come you moved the front number plate?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I prefer these. At first I also thought VW should have offered classic BBS style wheels for the MkV GTI but then I realised that was a bit too "obvious" - and I now totally love the standard GTI wheels, they look like nothing else on the road by a mile.

Incidentally, Audi looks to be offering the CH as an official option. Saw a set with Audi centre caps on an A3 (or was it A4) at H.R. Owen in Colindale last week.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Rubbish them wheels[:p] I think they would look better on a Red GTi[:D]

Both sets look great matey but i think the CH's look better.

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,440 Posts
Yeah -they look real cool.

Funny how they really suit both the mark 4 and 5 golf

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I prefered you Schmidt wheels - but CH's are a good second [:D]
i second that!

btw, what suspension are you running, its looking nice n low!
Thanks for the comments guys.

I have decided to keep the Schmidts for summer/show use and use the BBS for winter use [:D]

Car is dropped on FK Highsport coilovers - still plenty of thread left for it to go even lower !!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Lovely Scott, both sets do it for me! Where the monkey did you pick them up for ?500????!?! Want to sell them to me and make a profit?!

Andy

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Your going up to 18's from 17's and I'm going the other way cos you said 17's are the future mate. You mean I bought those Brocks for nothing[;)]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts