Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a quick ( 2 hour) polish today and thought i would just share my effort with you.

In the process

Posted Image

the result

Posted Image

Left side before

Posted Image

after!

Posted Image

Like harry's invisible cloak lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not a proffessional job but i trieed my best and didnt hae anything to shine my tyres with so that lets the last picture down.

Anyways thanks for looking!

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Nice result mate [H]. Looks like you might be over-applying from that first pic.

Invest in some tyre dressing - it makes a huge difference to the overall finish. [Y].

Have you waxed it too? What products were you using?

·
Jetta family.
911 Posts
Nice[Y] x1 i think your over applying the polsih.... and you should always wax after anything to your car as it protects whatever you have done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice result mate
. Looks like you might be over-applying from that first pic.
yea i realised that after the white swirls dried in and went flakey/dusty when i tried to buff it off, or could have been that the wax (more like a liquid tbh) has been sitting in the garage for years [facepalm]

second attempt was a bit better, using turtle wax nanotech polishing wax i think its called? by no means expensive but it seems to have done the job.

So yes i waxed the car lol but now im intrigued...what is polish? i thought they were all the same wax polish etc, should i have done this first? and would it make it any better?

thanks for the comments though, must have done something right lol

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Well I'm not an expert but polish removes layers whereas wax adds protection. So, after polishing you "should" wax. If you really want to get into "it" clay your car and you'll be amazed. still looks good though [Y]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts