Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tabs, you're slipping mate.... [:p]

Optimus Prime became Ultra Magnus = Blue and White [:p]

On the subject though, the current director is Michael Bay, he of The Island, Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon and stinker Pearl Harbour fame.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Tabs, you're slipping mate.... [:p]

Optimus Prime became Ultra Magnus = Blue and White [:p]

On the subject though, the current director is Michael Bay, he of The Island, Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon and stinker Pearl Harbour fame.
Surely you jest .....Optimus never became Ultra Magnus.They are different charcters.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I used to design and build my own Transformers out of Lego (cos the real ones were so expensive...), man those were the days [Y]

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surely you jest .....Optimus never became Ultra Magnus.They are different charcters.
OK, I didnt make myself clear so I see where I made a mistake and where u was coming from. You're right about different characters (UM was the follow on leader to OP) but...

Did you have the Ultra Magnus toy? In order for it to turn to Ultra Magnus, what WHITE lorry was used for his main body? [:p] White Optimus Prime [:)]

Sorry for the confusion and my mispent youth collecting Transformer toys [:p] heheheh, I'll get my coat!

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Wasn't Ultra Magnus based on a car transporter?

I wonder what the story line for the Transformers movie will be
like...? I REALLY hope they do a rehash of the original animated movie,
with Unicron the planet eater. Dig that 80's sountrack - 'You got the
touch!'

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nah can't the proper thing, Optimus Prime was never blue and white [:O] Anyone have the original Prime figure, the good ol' metal version?

They've got the use the old sound effect for them transforming though... won't be same without it!
I still got my original Optimus Prime complete with trailer.. although I lost his gun and the little car that was in the back of the trailer and the trailer door fell off too.. I still have his hands though... [:D] anyone rember the Dino-Bots? Transformers were very cool... Mine takes pride of place in my house even though i'm 27 [:$]

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yeah i remember the dinobots.Had Grimlock amongst others when i was a kid.Got loads of the comics too as well as Series 1-3 on DVD.(Season 3 being the series that continued where the movie left off).

Transformers were great !!!! just hope the new movie doesnt disappoint.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Transformers would be an awesome film.

Anyone remember the cartoon with the people with TV's in their chests? Centurions maybe?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Visionaries: Ah, finally, a good one! It's a shame the toys didn't do so well, otherwise Visionaries might've had a longer run. The show was stylish, had a lot of a Dungeons and Dragons feel to it, basically a sci-fi fantasy deal. Those kinda shows almost never do well as cartoons, but they gain a loyal following when the people who watch them finally understand the plotlines 15 years later.

Plot: Post apocalyptic Earth. Two feudal-type groups rise to dominance from the ashes. One is controlled by the law-enforcers and otherwise benevolent people; the other, by criminals and miscreants. Magic runs rampant as the survivors of the cataclyism cling to their technology. An old hermit, known to be a wizard extends an open challenge to any brave, strong, or foolish enough to traverse the perils of his castle. The reward: great power. The survivors were granted the ability to transform into an animal whose characteristics they showed during the trial.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts