Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watching this now. The traffic cop has just pulled over a motorcyclist. Fair do's. But...he's pulled him over, left the car in front of the motorbike and in front of his son.

Fair enough. However, he's left his wheels facing the motorbike and facing the son. Therefore, if someone hits the polic car, his son will be crushed. He's also pulled up far to close.

So howcome RAC and AA and anyone else can get done for this, i.e. not pointing their wheels towards the hedge, so as in an impact the patrol car get's pushed up the bank.

Howcome it's ok for a cop to do so? Especially when on film!?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Most of the Police featured on that show are play acting to the camera and come across as smug and arrogant wankers*. What I'd like to know is how that fat cunt* got into the Police to start with. I seriously doubt if he could run 10 yards so how did he pass the fitness test. He looked to be so grossly overweight I was amazed he could actually fit behind the wheel. Also, why didn't he make the biker's passenger stand behind the crash barrier, dawdling around on the hard shoulder is not a particulary good idea. I just don't think these shows do the police any favours at all...

*censored

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ha ha, no offence to you, cos I like some of your posts, but why the hell is that a "FAILING" for the police?

Never seems to amaze me how some people just whinge for the sake of it. If the copper had let the guy get away, then that would have been a failing.

·
Registered
490 Posts
so glad someone bought this up, I was watching this last night as well, when that traffic cop was chasing the disqualified driver in the astra,

1. He was driving with one hand and on the radio with the other

2. He didn't have a seat belt on at all

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
One rule for the police, one for everyone else.

Always been that way...speeding cops, bad driving cops, bad decisions etc, blind eye or covered up on most occasions...

Also, with regards to fat coppers, surely it must be part of this contract that they keep themselves fit enough to do their job. A fat unfit jabba who cant chase people is of no use. It just seems once they have their feet under they can move to traffic of somewhere and just lie back and wait for the early retirement and hefty pension!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mr Spam

I have been watching the posts that have been going on for some time and have a couple of Questions,

Are you an inbread?

And do you sleep with your mother?

Because you dont half talk some crap!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hardly think you can call the police failures, basically they are looking out for everyones safety at the end of the day.

I for one wouldn't want to do their job, everyday risking their lives for the low life scum that they have to deal with.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Mr Spam

I have been watching the posts that have been going on for some time and have a couple of Questions,

Are you an inbread?

ROFL. "Someones had their balls tickled!"

BTW Inbread is spelt inbred...

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Of course they generally do a good job. The fact that they cant do their job as effectively as we would like is now governed by all the paperwork and red tape. Less time fighting crime, more time filling in paperwork justifying what they are doing and tending to violations of criminals human rights etc...Shame really, as the public facing officer is the one that gets all the abuse for the systems failings.

Of course, you get the odd knobhead and jobsworthc copper, but you do in all trades. Most of them are normal people earning a living like us. Some of them have just landed on their feet and get paid to smoke round in T5 Volvos! Dream job???[;)]

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The police do a good job! A damn good job of wreking them V70`s!! 1 clutch can last 1 month if your lucky [:D] Brake discs and pads all round every 4 - 7 weeks [:O]

·
Registered
274 Posts
No offence lads, but read you highway code, police officers are exempt from wearing seat belts, as are taxi drivers, pregnant women etc.
Before everyone starts banging on about "Do as I say, not as I do", its there for a reason. The public aren't allowed to carry guns, so should we disarm the police and army? No, stop being stupid and whinging.
I do however agree with the officers not being right for using the handheld radios while driving as most of our police vehicles are fitted with handsfree kits, however their reception tends to be shit and you do occasionally resort to using the handhelds. I didn't watch the programme but I am sure that the officers only used the radio when he felt safe to do so and probably wasn't driving with one hand while going around blind bends or taking junctions.
If you don't like the fact that police have certain exemptions, stop watching the damn programmes.
Sorry for sounding so irate but it really does piss me off when people whinge about the fact that police are allowed to do things that they aren't. Next time your car gets ripped off or your house is getting done over, expect the officers to be a little bit later as they are sticking to the speed limits or pulling over to answer radios.
Trust me, when an officer does something wrong, the Independant Complaints Comision are more likely to fuck us over for it than they would a member of the public.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Mr Spam

Are you an inbread?

lol very good so ya been watching the master ejo then , well finaly ya made a break away from being a guest and had the balls to become a member and post a comment like that , shame ya only have 1 post , stick around and im sure ya get some back at ya

but then i think ya someone hiding behind a dif user name [:p]

and as ya seem to know a fair bit about icest and cant spell in sure ya must live in the outback

go play ya banjo [:p]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Trust me, when an officer does something wrong, the Independant Complaints Comision are more likely to fuck us over for it than they would a member of the public.
So, you're a copper then?

Sorry, but I do have a problem with the 1 rule for us, another rule for them "law". It just doesn't cut the mustard with me.

For instance, I constantly see police cars parked on double yellow lines, with no officer within visible distance of the car. And I am absolutely certain that at least 50% or the police cars driving down bus lanes in London are not on their way to any kind of emergency whatsoever.

Sorry, but just because they are enforcing the law (which, incidentally, I think they do quite well), it does not make them expempt from everyday traffic laws when there's no emergency whatsoever.

Remember that story about a year ago of that copper caught doing about 130mph in a Vectra GSI? Got let off in the end as he was apparently "testing the car's capabilities". Err, get on a proper driving course and learn to drive at those speeds without endangering the rest of us then. I'll admit to exceeding the national speed limit on a regular basis, but if I was stupid enough to be caught at those speeds, I'd expect a custodial sentence. No excuse

·
Registered
47 Posts
lol very good so ya been watching the master ejo then , well finaly ya made a break away from being a guest and had the balls to become a member and post a comment like that , shame ya only have 1 post , stick around and im sure ya get some back at ya

but then i think ya someone hiding behind a dif user name [:p]

and as ya seem to know a fair bit about icest and cant spell in sure ya must live in the outback

go play ya banjo [:p]
Dude. What's all this abuse about not being able to spell?

"well finaly ya made a break away from being a guest and had the balls to become a member and post a comment like that , shame ya only have 1 post , stick around and im sure ya get some back at ya"

Get the spellchecker out on that outburst!!!

p.s. what's "icest"?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts