1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a GT TDI

only a 110 though but a few choice mods and i will be happy

looking at saving around ?200 a month doing this swap

its a silver 3 door 1 owner ( a copper ) from new and 57000 miles with full VAG history

cant be that bad eh? [:D]

hopefully pick it up on tusday

18's, cd player and tuning box first on the list

·
Registered
415 Posts
lookin forward to seeing some crackin pics... just check for bugs before hand - you can never trust a copper ;)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it is now looking doubtfull [:(]

the sales guy is being a nob about it all and now i thing i have buggered the turbo

will keep you all posted folks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I hate sales guys. My mate bought his last car cash, the salesman wanted him to buy on finance...was asking where he got the cash from etc...cheeky monkey. I would've clipped him.

Good luck mate!

·
Registered
512 Posts
After all the "discussions" we had about Vauxhalls you buy a VW - Nuff said me thinks.

Good move mate - you will not regret it, and I very much doubt you will ever buy a Vauxhall again - fact.

[;)]

·
Registered
445 Posts
May I ask, trading in a '53 reg GSi for a 110 tdi (<2000 reg?) you must also be gettin a substantial amount in cash aswell in the trade as the monthly fuel/insurance savings?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by aidan on 07/11/2004 21:15:42

May I ask, trading in a '53 reg GSi for a 110 tdi (<2000 reg?) you must also be gettin a substantial amount in cash aswell in the trade as the monthly fuel/insurance savings?

no i took out the gsi on finance and i will be loosing out on a lump on it

however over a month i will be saving roughly ?200 between my new payment and fuel

only thing that has confused me is that my insurance only dropped by ?7 per month

going from a group 15-17 gsi to a GT TDI i thought it would have dropped alot more

·
Registered
445 Posts
Oh right, fair enough. Maybe your insurance see it as 2.0 turbo GSi to a 1.9 turbo GT? I know mine see things that way.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 07/11/2004 21:22:55

Craig - If I was a thief I would steal the Golf before any Astra.......makes sense????

les be honest here a joy rider would rather have a 214bhp turbo than a 110bhp oil burner

also there is alot more kit on the astra that could be sold on

so thats why i expected it to be lower

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yes I agree, but my point is you should not be surprised with the insurance bud. I am SO pleased you saw the light [:D]

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i supose it is still a GTI golf and the rep the gti has gotten over the years with insurance would be taken into account i think

1 - 20 of 40 Posts