Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of trading in my anni and wondered if anyone could tell me the dealers book price for it. it's a tornado red 1.8t and has done 29,000 miles. august 02 plate.

cheers

james

·
Registered
105 Posts
According to Parkers, PX is ?9965, Private Good is ?11,130, Dealer would sell for ?12510.00

I was told that a dealer will always want to make ?2k on a car that's out of warranty and 3/4 years old

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was hoping on getting 11,500 - 12,500 for it, realistically i think i might get 10,500 - 11,500.

i'm looking at a clio 182 tomorrow, and a friend that works for renault will give me a 16% discount on a new one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
James..... why do you want to get rid of it? (If you don't mind me asking that is?)

Just so you know, in mid January I was offered ?13,750 trade in for my car agianst a new Golf GTi - total vlaue of the new car ?24k. Mine is a reflex silver petrol Anni, Sept 2002 / 52 plate, with 22k miles.

Cheers

Tony.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i've been for a drive in the 182 and it wasn't too bad. dealership would give me a 21% discount on a new one if i buy one. but once i got back in the anni i knew i would miss it. so on monday i have to Vw and i will see about extended warranty instead!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote: posted by jamesmac on 16/03/2005 17:39:35

well i've been for a drive in the 182 and it wasn't too bad. dealership would give me a 21% discount on a new one if i buy one. but once i got back in the anni i knew i would miss it. so on monday i have to Vw and i will see about extended warranty instead!!!

Does anybody know how much it costs to extend the warranty??

·
Registered
798 Posts
The level of cover and price varies depending on age/mileage, but the last time I bought the VAG approved warranty to cover the period 4-->5 years it was ?455, expensive, but worth it in my case because the gearbox fell apart at 50K, I got a brand new one no questions and a window regulator fitted, combined cost much more than ?455.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by annidal72 on 16/03/2005 21:21:14

Does anybody know how much it costs to extend the warranty??

i'll tell you on monday how much it would be roughly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i asked Vw head office last year about the corrosion issue after warranty and they said they would take on corroded alloy claims after the 3 years were up, but i'll try and get them to put it in writing for us so we have something to fall back on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Listers Stratford offered me ?11,500 for mine. (02 plate 18.5k on the clock at the time) That was in px for a 22k R32 tho. I think that was a fair price for mine but the R was over priced. Best way to go is private. Lol you can pitch up againt me and tony in the classifieds! lol Pob

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quote: posted by Pob on 17/03/2005 16:37:28

Listers Stratford offered me ?11,500 for mine. (02 plate 18.5k on the clock at the time) That was in px for a 22k R32 tho. I think that was a fair price for mine but the R was over priced. Best way to go is private. Lol you can pitch up againt me and tony in the classifieds! lol Pob

Nice one Pob - I see your ad is right next to mine in the Classifieds!! [|)]

The text looks remarkebly like mine too!! ha ha! [8)]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote: posted by Tony D on 17/03/2005 19:19:31

Quote: posted by Pob on 17/03/2005 16:37:28

Nice one Pob - I see your ad is right next to mine in the Classifieds!! [|)]

The text looks remarkebly like mine too!! ha ha! [8)]

[^] Well i did rather like the presentation of your add, hope you dont mind me poaching that. Best of luck to buddy. What you changing to?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pob: don't know yet mate, I've just advertised it to see if there areany takers.... no real rush to get rid of it! If it DOES go, then a MkV GTi will be on the cards. :)

PS. no worries about using the ad!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts