Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a contact within the BookATrack.com company that would be able to get us a discount for a club/volume purchase day.

I have suggested that I might be able to get 5-30 people with VAG cars from here and possibly other club forums and was just wondering who might be intrested so that I could get firm prices.

As an example, Donington Park has been suggested for the Saturday the 20th November.

Further details about BookaTrack can be found here

Please could you post your interst if you would like either the 20th or another weekend date later in the year ?

On Monday I will from the interest generated I will investigate what discounts we could expect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would also be interested Donnington would be fine for me.

Any date should be fine apart from Aug 13th-16th as im at the nurburgring.

Would it be VW only as i could bring some m8s along to make up numbers if needed?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more the merrier, though would like to stay away from NovaSRi drivers with Burberry caps on if possible.

Hopefully I would be able to get prices around the ?125 mark, but would be willing to haggle to a lower price if people felt this was over priced for a day on the track.

How about we go for Donnington on Saturday 20th Nov Open pit lane, currently listed at ?159, which currently has 60 spaces available.

Show your interest over the weekend and I'll see what we need to do get the price down to one the people find acceptable.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
!!!BUMP de DUMP !!!

Anyone else interested in a Track day ?

I'm trying to get a staggered price list from BookATrack so that we can all see the benefit of getting more people/forums involved in a volume purchase.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes count me in for Donnington also please.

Regarding my previous message,to make up numbers if needed my m8s are all CGTI,so Mk1+MK2 golfs and an audi,so top blokes,all of them did the autometrix day at coombe.

Definately not CHAVs[:eek:)],not a burberry baseball cap or gold chain in sight.[:D]

·
Registered
34 Posts
As far as i know i think an open pit lane means you can queue up as many times as you like to go out on track,compared to say group sessions where you get a set amount of sessions in a day,so in theory if your car is reliable you could get more track time on an open pit lane trackday,but i suppose it all depends on how many cars have booked to do it aswell in the first place.

But i stand corrected.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any updates on this?

Have you been able to negotiate a discount price?

I dont see any VWs booked in here www.bookatrack.com/-pB?521 [xx(]

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry I never heard back from my contact at BookaTrack, and I'm now out the country for a few months.

Though since I have had quiet a bit of work done to the car, I would like to track day it so that I can adjust all the adjustable bits.

All I can say is that they still have 51 one places left, if you can afford the ?159, then register for the day and let me know you BookaTrack username and I'll see what I can do for you.

Again sorry for not updating this thread sooner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts