Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Cool pics, i love that bridge, use to go there alot, specially when David Blaine was in his stupid box.

I have a similar picture like your one 7th one down, it shows a jogger running towards me and looks like hes running from a big ghost / ghoul / spook (check out the shadow on the bridge, then you`ll understand me)

Ill post it up when i get my other computer working

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
You spent time visiting that cock?? bajesus!

Shiuming - they are truly AWESOME photos, wonderfully done mate [y]

Is that line across the thames in one of them the millenium bridge?? (Sorry to tired and lazy to grab the pic url)

C

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it really look that light or was it the long exposure working?
I tried to get it as realistic as I could, although deliberately slightly overexposing can give some really interesting effects for night shots, and I've done it on a few simply to highlight some details that would otherwise be difficult to see. I used a combination of neutral density filter and reducing the aperture to avoid blowing out during the long exposure.

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you enjoyed. To tell the truth I had just been for a curry and needed to walk it off so went taking pictures - couldn't face driving for an hour straight away.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stunning pictures..
Thanks dude.

what camera do you use?
Sony F717 (tylerama, you're slacking!), it's over three years old now, newer cameras can produce better quality, although it's like car modding, a slippery slope. I thought I'd be sorted with just the camera but I've now spent more than the camera's worth on accessories.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers dude. My former colleague from my last job moved to Australia and is printing some of these and my other London shots to decorate his new bar! [H]

He's also going to get a professional print of my Thames panorama done 1 metre wide! [:O] Gonna cost $80 [:|]

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Lisa. I never get bored of photographing London, I could easily spend a whole day snapping just one landmark.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Mate great photos there :) We need to get to another walk around in London with a few of us and end up in Soho for some uber food.

Something to ponder

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Great pics as usual!

One thing that is puzzling me is in the first picture, how did the car going away from us manage to stradle the illuminated bollard without knocking it over?

If you look, one tail light goes one side of it, the other goes the other side of it.

Any explainations or is it just plain creepy? lol

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[:O] Never noticed that before!

I think the positioning plays a part in the illusion... the left tail light is just low enough that it looks like it's on the left of the bollard, but the trail of the right tail light gets "overwritten" by the brightness (and colour - white) of the bollard, which is static and hence wipes out any lower intensity colour information that may have appeared in front of it.

Or maybe the car just split down the middle and passed either side, Wacky Races style [:D]

vedhead: well up for that, just set a date... RayBanUK should be good for this one too, but you SLR boys please don't leave me behind, I need more time to get shots with my antique, LOL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts