Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Techno Viking
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about a year of owning the 1.6 Golf, I'm getting bored of it and need more power [au]

After getting insurance quotes on the Gti 1.8, I can justify the premiums so thats out of the question so I'm thinking of going for a GT TDi 130. Seems like it will have enough grunt and I've been told it's one of the stronger, more refined engines.

Problem is ... Golf or Bora?

Golf is smaller, some may say better looking but is a group 13.

Bora has more boot space (not that it's needed) and cheaper to insure at group 8.

Chris ... I think I wan't to ask the audience. Press you keypads now! [gamer]

·
Registered
28 Posts
golf all the way mate, cant beat the style and power of a little golf, ive had 4 golfs so far and i just turned 20, ive had a subaru impreza wrx sti among lots of other great cars but always got back to the golf! no contest!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Bora all the way lol!

Not as many of them around, so you can stand out from the crowd a little! The quote on a 1.8t bora was ridiculous for me, but nearly £1000 cheaper for the V5 so I went for that, hadnt been driving long so didnt have a years no claims yet.

Gotta love that Bora front end! And I'm just a fan of booted cars personally. [:)]

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I'd have the Bora, but I'm on my second Golf, so would fancy a change. In fact, anyone up for swapping their 4mo Bora for a 4mo Golf? lol.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Bora hands down they're much better looking than the guff! The only golf i'd own would be a bolf, plus as you'll know you get more bora for your money.

·
Techno Viking
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bora hands down they're much better looking than the guff! The only golf i'd own would be a bolf, plus as you'll know you get more bora for your money.
More for your money and less to pay out on insurance! Looking like a good idea ... future proof to incase the scary concept of children became a reality [:S]

·
Registered
948 Posts
boras are much less common than golfs, much more practical, much better looking, and just generally more badass.

BORA FTW!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Bora easily. better value for money and nicer lookin imo. Golfs are just way too common now, and theres a lotta kids driving em as first cars. Dont see that with the boras

1 - 20 of 59 Posts