Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mainly remapping and ecu repairs. check the web site out.

I haven't had my car dyno'd, but it's very very quick[:D] [6][<:eek:)]

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct ecu's everywhere. He also owns a rather nice black TT Quatro, which he's doing an engine rebuild on, but he's sooooooooo busy with customers work that he's struggling to find time for it.

I'll say it again 100% top bloke.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Paul, would you be keen to find out what bhp your running now?

Rolling road day??

Check out the thread in this section if so! Be good to see you and the new car!

Gaz [:D]

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Gaz,

Yeah I saw the rolling road post, but i'm away all that week.

The meet looked fun. I was forced to go to the Big Weekend fun fair in Cardiff by my 12 year old. Hopefully i'll make the next meet.

Paul.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Its not a definate date yet fella. All i want at the moment is numbers of people interested. If your keen, put your name down, we'll sort a date where everyone can make it.

No worries mate. See you at the next one! [:D]

Gaz

·
Registered
116 Posts
sites under development paul,

is the map a generic or custom as forgot to ask chris that ? also did you update to a recirc valve or are you still fully standard .

cheers Neil

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He has a huge amount of maps both generic & custom. If you tell him what you want he'll suggest a map & then tweek it to your requirements.

The map he's just put in mine is one that he's used on several Anni's. The map in mine is smooth & boost hangs on all the way to the red line.

I didn't want too much of an initial peak as you tend to get surging & hestation issues at partial throttle. Very exciting at full throttle tho.

I may stick a Forge 007p on in the future, but thats a reliability improvement not a peformance one. I had one on my last revo'd mk4, & to be honest I couldn't feel any difference between the 007p & the stock recirc valve. The stock VAG valve can fail after a while due to the effect of the heat from the engine on the plastic, but generally it either works or doesn't.

I do have a K&N panel air filter fitted to the Anni, & that helps things along a bit. Lot of forum members prefer the Green Cotton filters because the K&N's have a reputation for oiling up the MAF, but I ran my last mk4 for 2 years with the K&N without any problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
All sounds pretty good Paul and close to home too ! Roll on the end of aug as i will be off to ponty i think .... will prob get Dv + panel filter 1st though .

cheers neil

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Neil,

Yeah the remap seems to be good when the ecu isn't in limp mode.

It's nothing to do with Chris's remap though.

I've been getting a fault code (17705 pressure drop between turbo & throttle body), which is proving to be a bit of a problem to solve. Seems that I've got a boost leak somewhere, but so far I haven't been able to find it. [8o|]

Loads of posts on the forum about this 17705 prob, but no definitive answer to it.

So at this point I'm not sure if I'm really getting the full benefit of the remap.

Despite all this the car is quick though. I stuck my spare n75j valve on & the car kicks like a mule.[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
116 Posts
err..... ok paul.

cheers for the heads up really can't afford to have anything go wrong on this car after all the trouble i had with my previous R so will hang back for a while ...

neil

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah Neil, I would hold fire for the moment. Been trying to get in touch with Chris, but to no avail. He could be away on holiday or something.

So i'm sticking my car into a Revo dealer in Newport tomorrow to see what he makes of it. Will let you know the outcome.

Paul.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well looks like it was the VAG DV that was the cause of the problem. When we removed it, the pipe that goes into the intake was mishaped & warped which can't of been helping things.

We put a new Forge 007p DV on 2 days ago & all seems sorted now. No limp mode since, but I haven't been able to check to see if it's thrown a code.

I've bought a VAG com cable which hopefully will show up tomorrow, & I'll see what the situation is.

The N75J valve seems to work really well with the remap. The car was wheel spinning when going full throttle in 3rd last night. In the dry[au][;)]

Paul.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts