Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought some locking wheel nus last week and went to fit them but foud tat someone had already tried to nick the wheels, causing over ?400 worth of damage by breaking off the cover seal (under the door sill). I then fitted the wheel nuts thinking that would be it but they came back, tried again and kicked in the front wing (in frustration, I assume). Another ?1000 damage and a totaly paranoid me. Car is now parked over half an hours walk away (they are obviously targeting the Golf) and I'm a nervous wreck.

If ANYONE knows of any lock up garages or secure areas in the Clifton area then I am after one URGENTLY! They may have given up now but I'm not willing to find out. Considered just selling it but I like it too much.

If anyone's been offered R32 wheels, I'd be keen to hear as I will immediately deck anyone who offers me any. Same if I see an older Golf with them.

Nightmare. :(

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
that is horrible mate, you thought about getting CCTV at your house. I take it the car sits in front of the house or on a driveway.

Hope you get it sorted out mate it would be a shame to have to sell the car

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also got a sticky keyboard, hence the typos!

Only street parking in my area.

Looking very hard for a garage but they re very hard to find.

·
Registered
195 Posts
thats awful, really is getting rediculous.

my mate recently had his garage broken into for my wheels, thankfully i had picked the car up earlier on that day. [:O] they found the guy and gave him a kicking but im still paranoid about it!

not a nice feeling at all hope you get it sorted!

·
Registered
796 Posts
bad news mate

try looking in the Trade-It or Evening Post for garages advertised

won't be cheap though! I've seen ropey looking garages selling for 20k in Clifton! [:O]

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
thats some real bad news mate, some crazy people in bristol mate, probably not the usual chavs if you know what i mean, probably not worth confronting them. are you not driving it at the mo?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mate thats a nightmare......

then again you could look on the bright side, At least they didnt break into your house, threaten your missus and nick your R32 plus all sets of keys.

Thats what happened to the mother in laws neighbours.......

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turbo - Nasty!

Seems the things we like so much about R32s is the things that scabs want for free.

Liquorice - Driving it but it's now parked about two miles away!

Off to Cornwall for the Xmas/New Year period so at least I can relax then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Aha!!

You're on here as well!! Caught you now haven't I!!

Sent you a pm regarding the wheel nuts. Looks like the long walk or aftermarket security may be the only answer.

Sorry to here the news

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Mrs says there was somewhere going in Redland just up the road from Clifton. You'll be really lucky to find anything in Clifton itself parking there's awful.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Quote: posted by dubzter on 20/12/2004 11:36:26

that is horrible mate, you thought about getting CCTV at your house. I take it the car sits in front of the house or on a driveway.

Be very careful with cctv onto a public street as there are a number of privicy laws that can be infringed.

My alarm company gets requests for this quite often and its a very sticky wicket.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Quote: posted by hungrytang on 20/12/2004 20:53:50

Quote: posted by dubzter on 20/12/2004 11:36:26

Be very careful with cctv onto a public street as there are a number of privicy laws that can be infringed.

My alarm company gets requests for this quite often and its a very sticky wicket.

As long as you display CCTV warning signs and the CCTV is not ?intentionally? aimed at say someone?s bedroom then you should not have a problem.

When you go into a shop on the high street they do not ask your permission if they can film you, as long as the cameras are on your property and are for internal security i.e within grounds of your house then it should not be a problem.

You do have to inform the information commissioner about a CCTV system but this can be done online now I believe.

One thing to remember, if you do have a CCTV system and your neighbours ask to see the CCTV footage then you have to show it to them, lots of ppl do want to see the footage just to make sure that the cameras are not aimed at them, if the cameras are fixed none PTZ i.e they don?t have a motor to move them then you should not have much of a problem.

If you need any CCTV advice let me know as CCTV & Security is what pays for my golf lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thats terrible news mate.

Know I'm paranoid about my leaving my Anni some places but it must be terrible when it's outside your house [:(]

·
Registered
646 Posts
Gutted to read that mate. One of my best mates lived in Clifton for a while and its a total mare for parking. He paid something like ?80 per month to be able to park in the hard standing behind his house, scary.

Hope you have a more peaceful Xmas [:)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts