Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi there, those photos are amazing!!! really really good, excellent quality and good balance between day and night shots. Great scenery of the Grand Canyon and Niagra Falls. Hope you enjoyed your hols, look forward to seeing more of your photos if those are anything to go by!

Excellent.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Fantastic pictures Chris [Y]

My favourites are numbers 2,3,4,5,12 and the last one [:D]

Would love to go to canada myself sometime, and new york.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
been to vegas 4times, its brilliant there. ok im under 21 but there so much for everyone. im also off to canada on 27th this month.

starting at vancouver and working through the rockys and ending up in calgary for flight home.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Fantastic pics there[Y] Love Niagra falls and the CN tower shots..spot on[:D]

Love to go there myself one day.

P.S Hope you enjoyed it by the way[:)]

GOOF

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys [:)]

Had a fab time... enjoyed Toronto more than i did Vegas, although the Grand Canyon is something else! Would recommend Toronto to anyone, great city, so busy and full of life, so many things to do, and the fittest women i've ever ever seen [:O]

·
Registered
94 Posts
I been to toronto, very nice, quality pics you have taken there.

Did you use a tripod at all?, esspecially for the bee picture.

Liking them (Y)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, not a tripod nor a VR/IS lens in sight [:D]

Struggled a bit at night mind, but not a spot of bother during the day.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Would recommend Toronto to anyone, great city, so busy and full of life, so many things to do, and the fittest women i've ever ever seen [:O]
You can say that again, now you know why I didn't ever want to come back! Being a Brit doesn't hurt there either[:p]

Your pictures take me right back, fantastic quality. The Niagra one is amazing (and isn't that a funny place!)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Chris, WOW! Im having doubts if I have the same camera as you now or Im just crap at taking correctly exposed pics. Did you have to PS them in any way at all? What lens are you using?

Second one is my fave!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Chris, now I understand why you reccomend a DSLR over a compact camera!! Although no doubt my "skills" wont be anywhere near that good

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris, WOW! Im having doubts if I have the same camera as you now or Im just crap at taking correctly exposed pics. Did you have to PS them in any way at all? What lens are you using?

Second one is my fave!
Not a hint of Photoshop in sight mate! [:D] All shot in RAW and converted using Camera RAW in Photoshop, really is brilliant at bringing out the detail in shots.

Manual Exposure or at least one of the priority modes is the way to go, really isn't difficult at all. I would recommend a book 'Understanding Exposure' by Brian Peterson (Amazon) really helped me loads.

All apart from the wasp shot were on my Nikon 18-70 lens using a Hoya Circular Polariser.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts