Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
[Y]
Some good pics there Shiu.Will be sure to give mine a clean next time, even though silver hides the dirt well [;)]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
[:O] your cars can shoot lasers! What bulbs you two using btw? I got myself Osram indicator bulbs(nomore eggs) + silverstar H4`s, need some sideys.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
shiu - u got wayyyyyy too much cash - always in and out of multi stories - must cost a bomb!!! i did it once- too tight to do it again hehe

how come your cam does such good pictures in the dark - mine doesnt [:(]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL

For sidelights, I'm using PIAA 4,500K Tera LEDs

Mo's got the new super blingnin' 6,500K version (there's a side-by-side comparison shot in this thread) which plug straight in, no need to cut wires to fit the resistor as it's built into the bulb.

For dipped beam I'm using PIAA Xtreme White Plus 4,000K (Osram Silver Star before that, and Bosch Xenon Power before that...) - front indicators are Osram Diadem like yours.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Once ive got my remap the 6500k are next on my list! Look cracking, think ill go for a H4 HID kit, but need to look into it more as i dont know much about them. How come you didnt go down this route Shiu?

I find the Silverstars alot better than the standard bulbs but they are still not what im after (big leap for ?10 though), i need to see more distance up ahead, i look at other cars and seem to be out - shined [*-)]

·
Registered
432 Posts
cool photos shiuming, have you thought about a colour coding yours. Mo's car looks well low - are they 18" RS4 or bigger, cos they look huge in them photos. i think i need to invest in some new bulb.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shiu - u got wayyyyyy too much cash - always in and out of multi stories - must cost a bomb!!! i did it once- too tight to do it again hehe
That was an Asda car park and I was doing my shopping, so I got the parking fee back [:D]

Too much cash, you must be kidding - I wouldn't be driving a 1.6!

how come your cam does such good pictures in the dark - mine doesnt [:(]
Switch off the flash and hold it very, very steady. Use a tripod, or if you don't have one, rest the camera on something solid. Try it [:)] For best results you need a cam that allows you to manually set the shutter speed, so you can precisely control how much light it captures - and you can use this creatively as well. In other words: fiddle with the knobs and buttons until it looks how you want [Y]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once ive got my remap the 6500k are next on my list! Look cracking, think ill go for a H4 HID kit, but need to look into it more as i dont know much about them. How come you didnt go down this route Shiu?
Mucho kebab vouchers for the decent kits, we're talking close to OEM xenon prices. I've seen some of the cheaper kits and they weren't all that. Easier said than done but my advice is to bite the bullet and get OEM xenons, they're the nuts [Y] The vast majority of OEM xenon lamps use a projector lens in front of the bulb to focus the beams, not a reflector like halogen units, and projector lamps will still give superior beam focus than even xenon retrofit in a reflector housing.

(Then get W5W bulb holders from your dealer so you can fit the LEDs... xenons use a weird fitment, H6W for the sidelights so you need to change these)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool photos shiuming, have you thought about a colour coding yours. Mo's car looks well low - are they 18" RS4 or bigger, cos they look huge in them photos. i think i need to invest in some new bulb.
Thanks. No, I don't think colour coding is worth the money for what it is, there's no performance gain to be had and they will only show up dings and scratches more. I'm happy with the way it looks, any more money on this car will be going towards maintenance and repairs - much more important in my view.

Mo's car is decked - he's actually raised it back up a bit already - sure looks phat with that Anni kit [Y]

Thanks for the comments, peeps. I'll wash the car before taking pics next time. Gotta love silver [:D]

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Mo's car looks well low - are they 18" RS4 or bigger, cos they look huge in them photos.
Yep got 18" RS4 reps on there.As Shiu said i had the car raised a touch.but now it handles much better and the ride is less harsh.[Y]

·
Registered
857 Posts
really like the nightime pics!  and i also really like those 6500k bulbs, iv got the 4500k too but the 6500k is sooooo tempting lol

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I like the first pic

Do you keep all your photographs on your PC? How much space must they all take up [:|]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts