Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, just watched TopGear! Was a great one. Cant believe how lucky the hamster was to survive that crash!!!

What did everyone else think?

·
Registered
414 Posts
It was incredible!

This was also genuinely the funniest thing I have ever heard: "...and long before anyone else, he realised that Jade Goody was a racist, pig faced, waste of blood and organs!!"

Well done Top Gear!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Agreed - excellent episode...despite all the other bits of action, I also liked the feature on the jag, even despite my previous thoughts that it is too much like the aston. Glad to see JC is still speaking his mind (ref the Jade Goody thing, and couldn't believe the comment about Jamie Oliver and special needs - think there'll be a few complaints on that!).

Anyway - hats off to the hamster - the crash looks absolutely stupifying in real time. Lucky, lucky chap, and glad he made it through!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to see JC is still speaking his mind (ref the Jade Goody thing, and couldn't believe the comment about Jamie Oliver and special needs - think there'll be a few complaints on that!).
I dont think that the complaints will matter though to be honest as I think he is now to popular to be ever taken off the air, he could easily go somewhere else if they kicked him off and I am sure he is worth far too much to the BBC to get rid of him. I dont think there is any law on saying things like that because he is just giving his opinion and everyone is entiled to that but correct me if I am wrong.

One of the best shows on TV! Anyone read any of clarksons books or articles in the Sunday Times?

Mike

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Best program on the TV bar none. The Jade Goody comment had me in stitches for ages!

I am in the process of reading two of his books at the 'mo and they are hillarious Chill.

GOOF

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Excellent first episode of Top Gear! [:)]

Was in stiches pretty much the whole way through - what a show and Hamsters crash was awesome!

I just hope Jade goody was watching!![|-)]

Did anyone see the Louis Theroux compilation afterwards?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Loved it!

missed the coment about jade though! what did they say?

Awsome the way they finished it with they're reminder thay 'speed kills!'

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I thought it was totally rubbish... why did they think it would be funny to do a whole section on a crappy challenge resurfacing a road? The funniest bit was when James May threw Clarksons megaphone under the roller, and when he retaliated by throwing his chips under the roller, I wish that May had pushed Clarkson under the bloody roller now that would have been funny. I'm sure all those guys just 'loved' working with those three idiots, and I wonder how long it took them to correct all the mistakes that had been done by them; the program is so bloody tedious and predictable.. and yet it sucks because there is nothing else for me to watch, 5th Gear is so cringeworthy its unbelievable and VBH makes me want to be sick the way she screams and stuff when she is driving..

I would like an XKR though.. and Jamie Oliver was funny i thought...

·
Registered
878 Posts
I am a TopGear die-hard fan, so much so that everyone i know, knows not to call/text/pop round/think about me between the hours of 8 and 9pm on a Sunday. If my brother says a word, there's bloodshed [:mad:]

HOWEVER...over the past few series, the show has become a little contrived. Their little stories (about repaving a road in this case) are a bit trite. TopGear is a car show, not a comedy show. I love a bit of banter and amusing bits, but I wish they'd stick to the cars. I agree with BigI, it's a little predicatable and tedious at times.

On another note, big respect to Hamster, because I shat myself just watching that crash.

This doesn't however mean that I'll be switching off, as said before, it's the only show that's worth watching on TV, and the only programme I make time for.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Didn't think it was thier best episode, but me and the Mrs enjoyed it anyway.

I've just finished his first World According book and have the second one lined up, must admit to having had a few chuckles whilst reading the first book. Can't wait to read the second but I need to finish my current Evo yet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts