Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
God that takes me back, I was 7!!! I watched it then too [:p]

Chris Goffey!!

PS Clarkson old skool turns up around 16 minutes!

And what a pig that RS500 is to keep straight - things really have moved on

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I'm sure top gear is at leat 10 years older. I think it is the first episode that Clarkeson was in ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Did you see the price of petrol then! [:O] 38p a litre!

JC looks and sounds like he hasnt gone through puberty yet!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Top gear is definately older then that.

Noel Edmands did it before Chris Goffery and I cant remember the bloke with the Blonde hair before too, fell out with BBC because he started rally driving and they thought he might injure himself and not be able to do the show - funny when y ou think now the BBC let Clarksons gang fly down the bobsleigh run, freeze hammond to -40, and smash 10 very good little suzuki's...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
What an idiot that professor was telling everyone it was fine to fill up with unleaded no matter what you drive.

I think he cost a lot of people a lot of money!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think Top Gears new format is superb, the show fairly moved forward a couple of years ago when they started on Sunday evenings. Fifth Gear seems to be stuck back in 1989!!! Haven't seen it for a while mind you!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
18 and driving a Golf MK1 1.3CL modded with the GTI grille and Scirroco alloys LOL. The thing never even had 5 gears !

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I think everyone of a similar age wanted one of those at the time. Cant believe how much of a piece of junk it looks now. Oh and I belive that some of those lights along the bottom are driving side lights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts