Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the recent poll 'how fast have you been in your golf?' I have begun to question why I can't seem to get above 120mph from my PD 130? I do have Audi S3 17" but surely this wouldn't knock off 10-20mph top end would it?

0-120 she pulls like a train but after that its like being a kid with my go-kart again - looking for a downward slope with the wind in my favour [:eek:)]

I'm gonna check the data sticker once the g/f bring's it home. Its making me wonder if I actually do own a PD130!

Or are all these 120+ claims only possible with a re-map?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have had my 110 with tuning box reading 125 on the speedo on the brum bypass road

however i dont know how accurate that reading is at that speed and with 18's

·
Registered
961 Posts
ive had 125mphout of a revo'd 130. it was still pulling but i ran out of runway, the tdi engines lose all there good torque cos the gearing wont keep the revs down.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Umm - still baffelled as to how you people are seeing those figures! I struggle to get 120, anything after that is a push. Might it be because I only have 16k on the clock - does it need time to loosen up [?]

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Quote: posted by adam10780 on 01/03/2005 21:14:11

Umm - still baffelled as to who you people are seeing those figures! I struggle to get 120 anthing after that is a push. Might it be because I only have 16k on the clock - does it need time to loosen up [?]

does your car have a wire cable throttle or electronic drive-by-wire?

might be the cable is a little loose so your not getting full throttle

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote: posted by whiteboy on 01/03/2005 23:11:11

According to "Road Angel" i've had 130 out of my 130 PD totally standard engine.

I can only assume she's still tight. Give her time she'll loosen up [;)]

·
Registered
479 Posts
All TDI and PD diesels are DBW. I've seen 130mph and rising in a standard PD130 (loan car) on 15" Avus IIs.

My own remapped 110 TDI took a long stretch of clear autobahn to see an indicated 130 - she will do no more. 125 is more the norm on a good day running 17s.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ive had mine at 130mph just as it entered the redline while racing some muppet in a civic[:D] but my dads been one further and pulled 155mph in his "street sleeper" 130 PDTDI. id say if i asked nicely he'd do it again for a pic.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ive had mine at 130mph just as it entered the redline while racing some muppet in a civic[:D] but my dads been one further and pulled 155mph in his "street sleeper" 130 PDTDI. id say if i asked nicely he'd do it again for a pic.

·
Registered
95 Posts
soz whiteboy but your guess is as good as mine he tells me jack..!

he says it pulls like a horse up till 130mph then it feels like its fighting that whole aerodynamics thing and it redlines to fast to get any further.

god i cant wait im getting a 130PDTDI in june, HE THINKS his is fast

MOOwwhahaha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts