Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people im so low i have to dribe onto a piece of wood so i can get a standARD vw car jack under then i still have to jack it up with that to get my trolley jack underneath.

does anyone know if you can buy some sort of 2-3 inch trolley jack or something?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
i use my missis or passers by. "excuse me, can you lift my rear arch as i push the jack under, my cars too low"

Shimples!

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
You can buy low ones, BUT...

best way to do it is to jack the car up slightly with the std VW jack in the boot, then stick the trolley jack under it. Done it 10000's of times. Just be careful with the std crap jack and dont try to go under the car when using that.

·
Registered
18,140 Posts

best way to do it is to jack the car up slightly with the std VW jack in the boot, then stick the trolley jack under it. Done it 10000's of times. Just be careful with the std crap jack and dont try to go under the car when using that.
I think the issue is that he's too low to get the suicide jack under without having to drive onto something first,the whole thing can be a pain tbh,drive onto block,squeeze suicide jack under and raise enough to get a trolley jack under,find somewhere to get the trolley jack in and lift.

Roll on air install[:D]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts

yep i used to do this before i built an install over my spare wheel!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
a handly peice of 2" thick slab of wood does it for me, which is kept in the boot!

opps thats my false floor... [lol-lol]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts