Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
689 Posts
i've just sorted the mount on my new TTGo today, between the instrument cluster and the drivers door pillar. tucked the wire for the cig lighter behind some panels across the drivers footwell, not a bad job in about 10 minutes. I'll get some piccys if it ever gets light

· Registered
689 Posts
Quote: posted by RJH on 15/12/2004 22:17:49

I'm not too keen on that big plastic arm tbh, i dont think it's too attractive, however it wouldn't stop me buying one... But, i hear that it has a lithium battery for use on the short journeys and you only need the cig adapter for the longer ones, so with that in mind, do you think it would be possible to ditch the suction arm and just stick it on the dash somewhere?

The go comes with a plastic disc with a sticky back to stick on the dash, however it is intended to be used in conjunction with the plastic arm! ie stick the arm to the disc. Otherwise this disk hasnt got the mountings for the go.

If there was an aftermarket 'sticky disc' with the actual GO mounting on it i would be very interested

· Registered
689 Posts
Quote: posted by RJH on 16/12/2004 20:14:51

I've heard that the Tom Tom has a built in speed camera locator, and since this is a non-subscription device, how do you go about updating the list for when new cameras are installed? Other subscription units allow you to connect to the net and download new camera locations as and when you want to, but surely with the Tom Tom, they're not going to let you have that facility for free are they?

Its not built in, when you get the go you download onto it a database of speed cameras and save them as 'points of interest'

The database is free from pocketgpsworld.co.uk

You can even email them if you find a camera which isnt on your GO and they will add it to the database

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.