Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Do you think it is one of those broker ads, that will get your name and number and then later on say, there is a problem with your order, but I can get you one sooner but it will be list price.

I would be annoyed if they gave out discount so soon, when VW dealer says they have 200 uk cars ordered already. Can't see them also giving almost 3K discount, when they don't do it on the GT models.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got back from the Paris Motorshow and I still haven't been able to pin anyone down to giving me the confirmed price. Car looked great though, including the wheels and interior. Before I went I was considering changing my order from black to red, but having seen them together, very happy with my choice of black.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote: posted by TurboTrev on 02/10/2004 09:21:19

Just got back from the Paris Motorshow and I still haven't been able to pin anyone down to giving me the confirmed price. Car looked great though, including the wheels and interior. Before I went I was considering changing my order from black to red, but having seen them together, very happy with my choice of black.

Red looked awesome didnt it [8D]

Did you notice VW had been a bit sneaky with the GTIs at the show - all had the 18" wheels fitted - none showed the standard 17" wheels [:p]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thats because they know they are ripping people off and cant handle the press saying ... we saw the new GTI at paris but it looked horrible on standard 17"

VW you are verging on being crooks ! But 18"'s on as standard !

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree, they should come with 18s as standard! From photos I've seen where cars appear to have 17s, they don't look as though they have the polished finish like the 18s? I had ordered my car with 17s, but I changed to 18s yesterday. They are really growing on me and I might not bother getting some 19s which was my original plan. Colour wise, the red car did look very nice, but for me the black one edged it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just sent an email to my dealer, asking for an update on the "indicative" prices, now that the Paris show is over.

I also want to change my spec, back to red, with the standard seats, as i think they look great. Rest of the spec to stay the same [:D]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wish, i swore that i would never have anoth black car, due to the high maintenance of keeping clean. My main reason for ordering black, was the black grill, i did not like it, and the body colour black did a good job of hiding it.

I have to say that it has really grown on me, so much so that my colcour choice will now be either red or white. I think red will win, and i do not like grey leather seats (non intended) as they remind me of M&S old mans slip on shoes. If i could have had cream with red, then no contest whatsoever...

But the standard seats look SO good in the photo's that my mind was made up for me.... RED [:D]

·
Registered
323 Posts
I know what you mean about the colour catsflap. I said I would did not want black again, as I am on my second now and this car has been a nightmare keeping it clean. So I went for reflex silver, always liked the colour, but black looks really good really mean. I think like you that it should show the grill really well. I just want to see a GTi in silver to stop doubting the colour. Apart from that I am happy with my spec love the standard seats and a mulichanger and 18's is all I need.

The wait is killing me. I just want to be told a build date, at least then I will have an idea.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by Wish on 03/10/2004 12:34:13

VW you are verging on being crooks ! But 18"'s on as standard !

...if that were the case then on the forthcoming R32 19's would have to be standard and therefore remove another pricey option (read money making route) from their grasp

·
Registered
782 Posts
I like the Red with the Black bits, a lot of manufactures are now doing it. Its a kinda retro look and coming back in fashion (well i think so!)

But i have to say i am torn between the Red and the Black. I will wait for them to turn up and then pick.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts