Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...........the bit behind the VW badge on the front grill. I've seen these done different colours and think it looks good so decided to do mine in reflex silver. I'm not sure if it stands out enough. What do you guys think?

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! Sprayed the bits behind the chrome VW badge in Reflex Silver. It's obviously a very VERY subtle mod [:D]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
ahhh i see. Its a cool little mod that, its a mission taking it tho apart init. See mine in my Avatar. why did you not spray the chorme bit black?

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got some black vinyl that I thought about doing the badge in. Might give it a go and see how it looks.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
yeh vinyl works mate, i CF wrapped mine before i shadowed it. tis a bit fiddly but deffo works. Spraying is easier tho!

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
only a few hours. I kinda rushed through the process tho. If you have time then let each stage dry properly before starting the next. The badge is now wrapping in vinyl so updated pics will be up soon [:D]

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Black grille looks good, as does the silver backing on the badge, but would look better still with either the chrome badge refitted, or no badge at all. [Y]

Do ya reckon you might wanna change that badly damaged number plate before worrying about the grille? [:D]

Wigster.

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The number plate and surround will be sorted when I have some spare cash for it. Should have made the damn cyclist give me the money for it when he decided to stop in front of my car!! I cut the recess piece in the middle away on purpose. Feel it breaks up the black a little.

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do it mate. What colour car you got and what colour are you going to do yours? Next on mine is going to be the b pillars. Going to do them with the same vinyl I did the badge with. Then I will probably spray my mirror covers gloss black to match.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ooo i like! I Am very tempted to do my badge black to for the same reason. Mine is still has the chrome badge. Mine has red behind. /\ /\ /\ see avatar

1 - 20 of 20 Posts