Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I've got a black Bora with dark interior. Getting it lowered 40mm next Friday as you probably know. Thinking of asking Tinter to do some tinting and just after some suggestions!

Thanks a lot folks!

Stew

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
50% fronts and either 35% or 20% rears.

wow, i bet your glad your found this forum, you've been spending a whole load of money recently [!].

I had 35% all round on my Bora, loved it, but with the new legislation 50% is a safer bet on the fronts. I would suggest 20% if you have kids who travel in the rear on a regular basis, if not, 35% is sufficient IMO.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Cause you have a dark interior, if you go 35% all round it make the windows look darker and give the police more reason to trouble you.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell me about it 02. Wouldn't have it any other way! I go through phases...done the PC + games consoles...then home cinema kit...then car...i kinda go way over the top then get bored! Still have a long way to go til my car is in the state that I'd be happy to leave it for a while! No kids...

So why 20% if I have kids and 35% if not?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Quote: posted by GeordieLife on 29/10/2004 20:36:37

Getting it lowered 40mm next Friday as you probably know.

Really Stew, this wouldn't be the 12th topic you've opened and just happened to mention the fitting of sooper dooper suspension. Next Friday wasn't it. Jeez, i bet you were a nightmare kid around Christmas. [B)]

Hahaha, just a friendly dig mate, i know your other half probably doesn't understand but we do.

As for tinting, whilst i think it looks cool, i'd err on the side of caution. I'd be gutted to get a tug from old bill and get a 7 day ticket to have it removed. Don't do anything that draws more attention then you really want. Subtle is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm getting what fitted??? I forget [:D]

Anyway...what % would you go for then Blah?

I'm still a nightmare kid at Xmas...New York this year! WOOHOO!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by BlahBlahMan on 29/10/2004 21:28:14

Really Stew, this wouldn't be the 12th topic you've opened and just happened to mention the fitting of sooper dooper suspension. Next Friday wasn't it. Jeez, i bet you were a nightmare kid around Christmas. [B)]

lols. You can just sense the anticipation.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mate i have no idea about % of tint. I'm tempted but the've just announced 25% redundancies at work and so this sort of expense is beyond what is could be considered reasonable given that i could be unemployed by Christmas.

I'd go steath, after all the only people who are gonna realy appreciate it are car enthusiasts and you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No tints IMO. Makes the car look like a drug baron's mobile to me. But, Each to their own. A very light tint wouldn't be too bad but the full on tint is crap.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fair comment Frosticles! I think i'll go for one of the lightest tints...not sure when tho.

I appreciate all your comments. Not sure how to take BlahBlah's comments about redundancy to be honest...but hey! I work hard...as I'm sure you all do. We all deserve nice things! I'm lucky cos I'm young and have very few financial commitments. Hence, my stupid spending sprees!

·
Registered
942 Posts
What ever you do dont go for different % tints on front and back, unless you want to look like you own a van. I have 35% all round, looks great IMO

·
Registered
581 Posts
i dont think that having smoked on the back and light smoked on the front makes the car look like a van. i went for this combination as a compromise between looks and the law. and i'm real chuffed with it. Go for it. nice and subtle!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
50p says he goes for 35% and 50% after he see's me lol

drug barons drive range rovers with over sized wheels not bora's must have poor drug barons round your way frosticles?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I change my mind on this with the weather.

I had dark tints on the back and light tints on the front and decided it looked daft.

So I took the dark tints off the back and put lighter tints on to match the front.

This definately looked better, but then I decided that tints weren't really my thing,

so have just taken them all off (horrible horrible job to do!) Have to say thought that

the windows were already tinted, so even a light tint looked quite dark. I do like a tint

but a very very subtle one I think looks best, and definately the same shade all round.

It's all a matter of personal opinion though, so have a look at others and go with what

you like best. It's your car! [:)]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If it was me I'd go for the very light tint all round. I've seen a few Golfs done this way and they look good, just nice and subtle. [^]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts