Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
Guys as most of you know i have a 1999 MK4 GT TDI 110BHP AHF engined car that has done loads of miles...

the car is 17 years old past all it's MOT's and still runs fine.... Now for the bit that makes me ponder:

I have installed bora sport clocks, Cruise control, Porsche Cayenne after market wheels with adapters, heko wind deflectors, full set of audi TT pedals including the footrest, R32 look gear knob, full leather heated interior seats, and both bumper lips are in colour the rear has the votex rear spoiler, it sports a polo 9n2 shortstick antenna, head light covers, decated oversized exhaust downpipe to OEM backbox, egr delete but ASV is fully functional, lowered on coilovers, and is fully polybushed throughout, it also has 205 race nozzles, a rear axle from a audi tt mk1 fwd with matching ARB and a 21 mm front ARB with new drop links.... the car has never been denied a service in my ownership (hence the amount of miles it has done under it's belt)

All the discs and pads are new/ all engine gaskets, rubbers, and of course timing belt and auxbelt with their tensioners have been replaced, rear break lines are new and the list goes on....

now i am contemplating of keeping it until the end of time or just sell it... now because of my wheels and the sensible modifications i want around a 1000 pounds for it, and I don't see that happening... Now i don't want to break it as most people that see my car actually say it doesn't look it's age and when they are taken out in it when they see the mileage they actually say it runs and drives like a new car.... ( good ownership will do that)

I have 2 options left:

sell as is

keep it until the end of times (remember breaking it is not an option)

PS also something that needs to be considered as it is a VE engined car it can run on basically any form of oil as long as it is of the right consistency for the filter,the intank fuel pump and the diesel pump to deliver it to the injectors (this means very cheap mileage is an option without modifications)

So what would you guys do?

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
It needs to be bigger and more comfy but it can't grow and i refuse to put it higher as it just looks spot on and drives spot on...

chuck it in a corner and the car stays level unless you do it at high speed.... and even than it almost doesn't dip at all (the speed makes you feel like it) but me driving behind it not to long ago while a mate was giving it a good old chuck about made me notice that it stays very level indeed regardless of how fast the cornering was happening.... also the fact that it sports 20mm pcd adapters on all 4 corners makes it handle way better....

As you can see i still love my car but the need for something bigger and more comfortable is a must for reasons i rather keep private at the moment.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know that it is a normal thing but i spend way more than what i want back for it lol ;) I could have easily bought 3 other cars for the money the i put into this car.... but it is at this point that if someone buys it he has only 1 thing to do and that is change the bonnet... for the rest the car is mint.

my wheels alone without the tyres are worth the 1000 i want for the whole car if i would take them of and sell them.... but like i said that isn't an option i want the car to go to someone that buys it just the way it is....(if it get's changed afterwards is up to the owner) but yeah i rather sell it the way it is.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah that is why i am pondering what to do.... i might just get a garage and put it away.... although i don't see myself driving it anymore.. like i pointed out there is a reason(that i don't want to disclose) why i am looking at selling it.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I already got another car that actually fits the needs... I just didn't know what to do with my golf as I was pondering to keep it.... most people gave me the same answer I concluded already.... so i am keeping it.

Ps if any admin or moderator reads this it can be closed. I made up my mind already.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Do you still have the car?
nope it went to the scrappy, the sun got hold f the thin lacquer and it started peeling that n top of the rest made me decide to get rid... i did sell off the good bits and than sold the car to the scrappy basically giving me more than i would get if i sold it on. than i found some parts that i just gave away to a few people on the forum, that lived nearby.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Shame. If you could have kept it i see mark 4s are going for a fair bit more than they were a few years ago!
yeah the prices are stabilizing and slowly demanding more... but a mk4 isn't for me as i don't like them standard so it needs modifications (except for the r32, and even that needs some choice mods to make it better)... and to be fair it's to small for my needs... I got a vectra c saloon for now but that is on it's last days because i need more space... it'll be either an estate,MPV or SUV next... and no i'm not just looking at Euro cars, any brand will do as long as the engine is easily tuneable at affordable prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts