Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got a bit of a dilemma, been having problems with my golf gt tdi for the past month or so now, its had new radiator, waterpump, cambelt and flush in the past month due to overheating, now I have found out the headgasket has gone and will need replacing. Im selling this car no matter what, Its driven me insane with everything that has gone wrong! My question is, should I just sell it as is and accept a reduced price, or spend even more to get it fixed then sell it. How much would it be worth either way? The spec of the car is as follows:

y reg gt tdi 115bhp, 114k miles, reflex silver

full OEM R32 bodykit, 17" standard VW alloys

spax coilovers

FSH upto 70k, then since then it has had new headgasket 3 years ago, oil change, new turbo, plus the repairs listed above.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Price to fix could increase if the heads cracked so bare that in mind.

If it was me id fix it, but id do it myself so only parts cost.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well Iv seen similar specced (working) ones go for around 3k so probably 2k taking into account the repairs that are needed in my opinion, but thats the general idea of this post really, to see what others think

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AJPTDI - I tried to do that at the weekend, was going to swap the bodykit with a mates for standard but the colour was different shades of silver, and the coilovers werent budging from the hub assembly so gave up!

funk-star - you have a PM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts