Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

and hello, new to the forum

Next weekend i shall hopefully be buying back my golf gti 1.8t that i purchased new on sept 04 2000.

I sold the car to my uncle after five years of very carfull ownership in sept 2005 with 27500 miles on the clock, and at that time the car was described as been like a brand new car in absolutely mint condition. I used to wash it sometimes twice a week and wax it every month with top brand detailers, polish, and wax and the car was garaged 24/7 when not in use.

The car was sold to my uncle on the understanding that i would have first refusal when he sold it in the future, so, this weekend he has purchased a merc SLK230 and has offered the golf back to me.

The problem is he can't put a price on it, hence, the car has now only done 35026 miles its still in mint condition been garaged for 10yrs 4 mths, has full service history, including cambelt change and every mk4 problem has been sorted out by vag.

The car is a 1.8t 2000 on a x plate.

5 door in indigo blue paint, montreal 2 alloys, rear spoiler, climate control, black/blue recaros, 6cd changer in boot, DSP (digital sound processor), new tyres all round, and a new vag battery. 35026 miles and looks like its just rolled off the Wolfsburg production line.

Here is my dilema.......[brick]

I do still get first refusal and he wants me to have it back rather than sell to a stranger. Last summer he told me i could buy it back for £2000 if and when he sold it, but since then he has been offered £4000 for it by one of his neighborghs (a vw enthusiast who told him its worth that any day of the week) DAMM!!!!!.[brick]

Im keeping my fingers crossed that i will still get it for £2000 (after all he is my uncle who promised me)..[clap]

So guys, IT is as good as described.

so WHATS IT WORTH???????[:)]

ps; i shall hang out for £2000

any help and advise would be much appreciated

thanks in advance, regards andy

·
Registered
988 Posts
considering the low mileage and good condition I would say it probably is worth atleast £3500, probably a bit more. Have a look on auto trader or pistonheads for similar cars, or try one of those car valuation websites of you want a book price.

Id offer your uncle £2500 just to be nice to him :) good luck

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
This VW enthusiast is obviously too caught up in the scene.. never worth 4k for a 12 year old car.. in standard condition i.e not modified.. Yes low mileage but that doesnt warrant 4k..

why do you want to buy it back anyway? why did you sell it in the first place?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This VW enthusiast is obviously too caught up in the scene.. never worth 4k for a 12 year old car.. in standard condition i.e not modified.. Yes low mileage but that doesnt warrant 4k..

why do you want to buy it back anyway? why did you sell it in the first place?
Hey golfin

Ive seen standard cars with a lot more mileage and no where near as good advertised for well over £4k....anyway

I sold the car to fund a house purchase.

And i want it back because.....

I had it from new, and know its history,

I doubt theres another Xreg in this condition with such low miles in the country,

Full service history, garaged all its life, and in absolutely mint condition,

Wouldn't you want it back?????

ps: hopefully for £2k

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I'd say it's probably valued at around the £3k mark, if absolutely mint and original. As above - in standard form, £3k really is about tops these days for an AGU 1.8T, and that's allowing for the low mileage and condition.

Sounds like a good one to buy back though. [Y]

Wigster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts