Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I went into Homebase today to get some Hammerite for my calipers. I didn't want blue this time due to the bora being a lighter blue, so blue and light blue wouldnt look right, so decided on Green. BUT I loved the yellow that was sitting in front of me.

So, I now have 2 tins of Hammerite! Green and Yellow. Both are quite bold colours.

So I'm asking you lot, what should I do! Obviously I could try yellow and then go over it with something else if I don't like it, but would prefer to just do it once.

Green or Yellow calipers on the car below. I really like the idea of yellow, but would it be to brash? Answers on a post card please, or just a reply on here would do!

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good, I'm in lurve with all things yellow and was hoping someone would say it! It would match the number plate...

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blue and green should never be seen. Actually I have no idea if that is true, but I prefer yellow.
Woohoo!

And before anyone gives me the 'red' lecture, I'm not interested in boring old red!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why don't you get another 2 tins and spray each one a different colour?

Failing that, I'd go for yellow
Because I'm not that sad! Cat, are you trying to make me look like a fool?!

Well if you are trying to make me look like a fool......you don't spray calipers...[:p]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Cat, are you trying to make me look like a fool?!
*cough* Says the man that bought 2 tins of different coloured caliper paint!

Well if you are trying to make me look like a fool......you don't spray calipers...[:p]
Er, yes you do. Well, if you want to - I got mine sprayed. Would say
I sprayed them, but I'm not that silly - got someone else to do it [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look you!

I bought two tins of paint because I felt like it! Also, because I could!

To spray yer calipers you would have to take them off, which is stupid, unless you have nicley coloured arches etc too [:p]

Bring it on lil girl [:D]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
To spray yer calipers you would have to take them off, which is stupid, unless you have nicley coloured arches etc too [:p]

Or just mask it? I sprayed all of my bumper and side strips without
taking them off the car - and managed not to get spray paint everywhere
with the help of a couple of newspapers and some masking tape

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Or just mask it? I sprayed all of my bumper and side strips without taking them off the car - and managed not to get spray paint everywhere with the help of a couple of newspapers and some masking tape
Ahh that explains your car then [:p]

Seriously, paint brush, really easy!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts