Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey man, dont worry - the road to the Scottish International Football Training camp will open again soon.........
[:p]

Yawn....it's also true that 67% of Scots are in favour of a public holiday should Engerland win the World Cup! [;)]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
No idea which 60 odd % of Scots they spoke to - Probably turncoats like Hanson [:p]

I bet the pubs will be cheering for whoever plays England during each of their games, north of the border.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the 67% were probably rangers fans .i cant understand them wearing the england top.i know what it means but it must itch like mad.imagine the rash it will cause.[:p]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahahahaha!! Some of the above comments have had me in stitches!!!!

Hope you all realise Im having a laugh, and that Im not being serious!!! It was actually aimed at DJH, as me and him have had some great England - Scotland debates!

I think the people they must have asked were probably outside the BBC offices in London, and they didnt want to sound out of order!!! haha!!

Ive never met a scot who would cheer on the England when Ive been in Scotland.........and to be honest, Ive never met a true welsh person either!

Least you guys have a National Football Stadium, we dont!!!! 7 years on!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Figured you were casting a line mate [:D].

In all seriousness though, I think hell would freeze over before you see any pub in Scotland full of people backing England in the World Cup.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts

In all seriousness though, I think hell would freeze over before you see any pub in Scotland full of people backing England in the World Cup.
You have to remember Edinburgh is in Scotland, not matter how English it seems. Our Scottish Office has only got 1 Scot out of 9 working there.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

You have to remember Edinburgh is in Scotland, not matter how English it seems. Our Scottish Office has only got 1 Scot out of 9 working there.
Not sure where you are going here bud.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I saw quite a lot on this survey over the weekend and other similar ones were carried out with no-where near the same results. I have no idea where they got the 67% figure from.[*-)]

I will not be supporting England for no other reason than I'm not English, by this I don't mean I'll always support the other team. I hope they do well and I'm looking forward to the discussions on here after the games! [:D]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Q) Whats Gretna Green got which Scotish International Football doesnt?

A) The chance to play in a European Competition!!

heeheehaha - gotta say, Ive become a Gretna fan this weekend.........Come on you GG's!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts